This was taken in the Farnes with the 16mm pancake lens, and two Inon Z240s.
nice simple setup
Read-only discussion
This was taken in the Farnes with the 16mm pancake lens, and two Inon Z240s.
nice simple setup
Yes, the small pancake port. I'll be trying the dome next time as I'm not 100% happy with the corner sharpness
Olympus E-PL1 with kit lens is $470 shipped from Dell Computer today (ends today), and Olympus PT-EP01 housing is $479 shipped from bhphotovideo. This camera would serve you for years. Don't forget to order the zoom gear when you order the housing.
Don't forget to order the zoom gear when you order the housing.
zoom gear??
what zoom gear??
i see..
does anyone know which fisheye lense is good for epl-1 & nex 5??
I now have reviews for both housings and cameras in the Sept/Oct and Nov/Dec issues of Underwater Photography Magazine posted below, enjoy.
Phil Rudin
Olympus camera housing- http://www.uwpmag.com/subscribe/download_issue.php?issue=56
Sony camera Nauticam housing- http://www.uwpmag.com/subscribe/download_issue.php?issue=57
I now have reviews for both housings and cameras in the Sept/Oct and Nov/Dec issues of Underwater Photography Magazine posted below, enjoy. Phil Rudin Olympus camera housing- http://www.uwpmag.com/subscribe/download_issue.php?issue=56 Sony camera Nauticam housing- http://www.uwpmag.com/subscribe/download_issue.php?issue=57
Thanx phil
Nice review
So are u going to review nex5 aquatica housing next??
My problem with the olys, is that they are always class lagging in slow autofocus time, and long total shutter lag.
The sonys and the pany gf1 blow the olys away in this regard.
In this area, long shutter lags are one of THE most annoying, hair pulling problems in UW photo.
The epl1 has a full autofocus lag of .95 seconds, while the others are down around .4 each.
See imaging resources for great reviews and comparisons:
My problem with the olys, is that they are always class lagging in slow autofocus time, and long total shutter lag.
The sonys and the pany gf1 blow the olys away in this regard.
In this area, long shutter lags are one of THE most annoying, hair pulling problems in UW photo.
The epl1 has a full autofocus lag of .95 seconds, while the others are down around .4 each.
thanx 4 sharing
right now im really on the nex5 side
probably gonna buy it at the end of the year
with the housing...hopefully
Having tested both the E-PL1 and the Sony NEX-5 in the field (underwater in the Oly and Nauticam housings) I can assure you that shutter lag is the same between the cameras when used with like lenses of the same speed, (max f/stop). With firmware 1.1 the Olympus had shutter lag times in the 0.4 range in the DP Review tests.
Phil Rudin
Having tested both the E-PL1 and the Sony NEX-5 in the field (underwater in the Oly and Nauticam housings) I can assure you that shutter lag is the same between the cameras when used with like lenses of the same speed, (max f/stop). With firmware 1.1 the Olympus had shutter lag times in the 0.4 range in the DP Review tests.
Phil Rudin
Hi Phil.
Strangely, in the DP Review tests, they put the fastest Pany lens on the Oly, and then said it was .4 seconds..
In the DP Review test of the gf1, they said the average shutter lag with the cheap kit lens was .25 seconds!
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/PanasonicGF1/page14.asp
Over and over, reviewers keep saying the pany m4/3 cams are class leading in AF accuracy and lag time.
Hi Derway,
Since we were talking about the Olympus E-PL1 and the Soney NEX-5 I don't grasp your point about the Panasonic GF-1. Both the Olympus camera and the Sony camera have like shutter lag in the water with lenses of the same speed (max f/stop). Since I have not tested the Panasonic GF-1 in a housing in the water I would not want to comment on its shutter lag. I can however assure you that none of these cameras is as fast as most DSLR's regardless of the lens being used.
Phil Rudin
I figured the OP was open to a compact, affordable system, since it started with, "what I have found so far is..."
Peace
I figured the OP was open to a compact, affordable system, since it started with, "what I have found so far is..."
great,
now u guys making me want to buy 550d
Hi
I have played with both the Nauticam and 10Bar housings and the Nauticam just felt right, button in the right place that worked. Personally I didn't like the build quality, it looked like an electric box -sorry 10Bar.
I am thinking about getting the Sony Nex so am 'really' looking at all the options.
Smanfa
Hi
I have played with both the Nauticam and 10Bar housings and the Nauticam just felt right, button in the right place that worked. Personally I didn't like the build quality, it looked like an electric box -sorry 10Bar.
Smanfa
hi smanfa
when i enquire the price of the 10bar the local uwp shop ,they said that "10bar no longer manufacture this housing"
maybe there is something wrong with it.
i do now considering a nauticam for it though
..and someone, anyone! please do something about 10bar's website!
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.