I just purchased "The Reef Set, Reef Coral Identification, Reef Fish Identification, and Reef Creature Identification" by Paul Humann and Ned Deloach.
Read-only discussion
I just purchased "The Reef Set, Reef Coral Identification, Reef Fish Identification, and Reef Creature Identification" by Paul Humann and Ned Deloach.
"Reef Fish Identification: Tropical Pacific" by Allen, Steene, Humann and DeLoach follows the same style as the Caribbean series by Humann and DeLoach. Only fish are covered, though.
"Reef Creature Identification" by Humann & Deloach now available. A good companion for Reef Fish ID.
"Reef Creature Identification" by Humann & Deloach now available. A good companion for Reef Fish ID.
I should have added "Tropical Pacific" to the above title.
I am looking for ID guides to the Sea of Cortez. Most I have found (2) are really old and taxonomically out of date/accuracy. Anyone know of anything recent?? Slugs are covered. (Doh!)
Cheers,
Marli
For the reef fish fanatics, there is a fantastic new book that just came out:
Reef Fishes of the East Indies by Gerry Allen and Mark Erdmann
The book covers 2,600 species with 3,600 color photos and 1,292 pages! Some amazing work if you ask me.
"Coral reef crustaceans from Red Sea to Papua" - multi-touch book for Mac and iPAD users, available in Apple iBooks Store. 490 species, 160 1st time in books
If you've talking just critters (non fish etc)...handsdown...
Reef Creatures.
Humann And Deloach
The latest publication features significant updates. Well worth the purchase!!
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.