Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Certification dive with Steve Douglas, Summer 1995

Started by echeng ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Certification dive with Steve Douglas, Summer 1995

12 posts
  1. I found this old image while looking through archives. It's on a boat in San Diego en route to one of my certification dives with my instructor, Steve Douglas! It was summer of 1995 -- I was a software intern at a company in San Diego that summer. I did less than 20 dives between 1995-2001 before I took a camera into the water for the first time (and was hooked).

     

    echeng_s01_2991.jpg

     

    Closer:

     

    echeng_s01_2991_close.jpg

     

    echeng_s01_2989.jpg

    Edited by echeng
  2. How fun to come across an old photo like that!

     

    I find it amazing that you first picked up an UW rig in 2001 and quickly moved up the ranks, so to speak. Would you mind telling us how that came about? I always find it interesting to hear what brought people to their current point in life.

     

    -Gina

  3. Great shots Eric. I recognize that parking lot!

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Shemp and Mo wore that same haircut, Eric. You are in VERY good company!

     

    post-630-1292859091.jpg

     

    post-630-1292859157.gif

  5. LOL that was unkind Stephen...except Eric, that haircut was so 80s!

  6. LOL that was unkind Stephen...except Eric, that haircut was so 80s!

     

    Hey, if you can't tease your friends ....

  7. Wow, that's a kick seeing those Eric. I was a bit skinnier then than I am now. Loved your haircut. Surprised that you did so little diving between those years but, then again, San Diego divers are happy when we get 15 ft vis.

    Steve

  8. Well, I was still in school. First, I didn't have the money, and after I graduated, I was working 80-100 hr weeks, so I didn't have the time!

     

    Shemp and Mo wore that same haircut, Eric. You are in VERY good company!

    OK, Steve -- let's see some photos of you from earlier times! :good: :good:

  9. Another great idea, pics of before and after (current)

    Steve

  10. Well, I was still in school. First, I didn't have the money, and after I graduated, I was working 80-100 hr weeks, so I didn't have the time!

     

     

    OK, Steve -- let's see some photos of you from earlier times! :good::)

     

    Well, that was you the year you got certified and still in school. Here I am about the year I got certified, still in grad school.

    I was conflicted whether to photograph fish or fowl :good:

     

    post-630-1292908138.jpg

    Edited by StephenFrink
  11. Well, that was you the year you got certified and still in school. Here I am about the year I got certified, still in grad school.

    I was conflicted whether to photograph fish or fowl :good:

     

    post-630-1292908138.jpg

     

    Groovy

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.