Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Mugshots! Let's see 'em.

Started by echeng ·

  • 74Posts
  • 74Replies

Read-only discussion

Mugshots! Let's see 'em.

74 posts
  1. It was brought up in another thread that most of the photos we post of ourselves feature us covered in layers of neoprene. Let's post shots where you can actually see our faces! Historical photos are a bonus. :good:

     

    I'll start...

     

    The early days -- before a camera (late 1990s):

    echeng_s01_318.jpg

     

    One of my first liveaboard trips, circa 2001:

    eric_entry.jpg

     

    Aboard the Steve Irwin in Antarctica, with Sea Shepherd (modern day):

    081224_SSCS_AL_0029219A.jpg

     

    In Ambon (by Kozyndan)

    56663_726177347613_224781_39211454_7724097_o.jpg

  2. Great time to post this - as I have some very old ones of me at my folks. Try and dig them out when visiting during the next week.

     

    Here are a couple I have online:

     

    Not sure of the year - guess would be 1984?:

    alex_young.jpg

     

    This one is 1995 (I think - as I got the Pepsi shorts on my one visit to Fiji in 1994)! This was taken by a japanese photographer - who posted me the original slide from Japan:

    alex_nikv.jpg

     

    Sorry they are such low res.

     

    Alex

     

    p.s. Looks like you've been signed by Fulchester United (very British reference)!

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  3. John Pierce

    Denver, CO

    Diving for 27 years

    Actually bought a Nikonos IV when it was new :good:

     

    First photo is from 10 years ago

    Second photo from last year. Less hair, more weight, oh well...

    jp2.jpg

    jp.jpg

  4. me topside :good: & me and my gorgeous little lady Willow :good:

    post-5159-1292890457.jpg

    post-5159-1292891266.jpg

    Edited by DeanB
  5. JHCrRiv13008%201407.jpg

    This must be love;Courtesy of Alex

    with my ladies..

    D7000%202010-11-21.jpg

    Dean, they grow up fast

    P3130084%20-%20Version%202.jpg

    Edited by loftus
  6. post-830-1292951012.jpg

    Fort Bragg, NC 1958

    post-830-1292950981.jpg

    Cabo Pulmo c.1975

    post-830-1292951032.jpg

    NikoMar housing, c.1977

    post-830-1292951202.jpg

    Door County 1960

  7. Those are so cool, Eric.

     

    Hope you still have the trunks!

     

    Alex

  8. Early days 1990? What are you talking about? I RETIRED from my real job in 1992!

  9. Those are so cool, Eric.

     

    Hope you still have the trunks!

     

    Alex

     

    There are lots of places I wouldn't wear them today.

  10. SimonPalau400x400.jpg

     

    Palau Feb 2010

     

    SimonGracie1.jpg

     

    Spain July 2010 with my little girl Gracie (19 months in that photo).

  11. My earliest "fish" shot, circa 1970

    post-65-1292960818.jpg

     

    Aboard Ondina in Indonesia, circa 2005, with my "little friend" Michael

    post-65-1292960529.jpg

     

    On Shearwater, also in 2005, on the railing just after I nearly slipped and fell in with the water full of sharks

    post-65-1292960626.jpg

     

    And closer to present day

    post-65-1292960859.jpg

    Edited by bmyates
  12. Tim, CJ and Alison

    post-13968-1292964356.jpg

  13. Diver Dave and Daughter at Machu Picchu 2010

     

    5280730949_015b9e62d0_z.jpg

  14. 1996 Mauritius my hair was all the same colour in those days :good: .

     

    post-6945-1292969105.jpg

     

    September 2010 in Taba doing some Reg Tests for Divermag.

     

    post-6945-1292969179.jpg

     

    Roll on the next 14 years

     

    Nige Wade

  15. I only learned to dive in 2000, and don't have any photos from then :good:

     

    Hard at work in Lanzarote, 2006

    Boat.jpg

     

    Getting over a bend in Bali by snorkelling 2008

    Snork.jpg

     

    Gozo 2010

    Gozo.jpg

     

    And if you think my hair is big now, you should have seen it when I was younger :good:

  16. This shot shows me as a Ph.D. student snorkeling in Iliamna Lake, Alaska in 1987. The white blobs on the bottom are decomposing salmon carcasses, the subject of my research. I had been scuba diving at this location collecting samples with a slurp gun. When that was done I switched to snorkeling and took some shots with the rig in may hand. Before that I handed over a Kodachrome 64 loaded Nikon F2 to my safety man Pat Poe who took this shot of me. Some here will recognize the Hydro35 housing and Subsea strobe.

    post-3540-1293673571.jpg

  17. This is a more recent shot, taken just a month ago on the Sunday of the 4-day T-day weekend. We finally got some serious snow! After carrying the gear through the woods to the location (just a couple 100 meters). I lined it up for the shot with the idea of using it for a Christmas card, but ended up not using it for that. This is a self-portrait. You can see the remote control cable running from my hand to the camera, which was in a housing. The stream behind me is where I have shot many coho salmon spawning shots. The gravel bar I am on is under water during the summer (much higher flow).

    post-3540-1293673995.jpg

    Edited by Tom_Kline
  18. Nice to see the faces behind familiar names!

     

    Heres a shot of me - a newly certifyed DM at work. Summer of 2007

     

    post-22881-1293712617.jpg

     

    And this picture is an evidence of the birth of the "Scubamoose".

    A wild diving / camping weekend on the summer of 2007.

    Spin the bottle game where the loser has to dress one part of scuba equipment untill someone wears the whole equipment.

    It's clear who lost the game and somewhere along the way I got some horns taped around my head...

    Waaayyy too many margaritas... :) I'm not sure am I laughing or crying.

     

    post-22881-1293712640.jpg

     

    Cheers

    Karel

  19. Hilarious Rudolph, I mean Karel,

    Happy New Year :)

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.