Very nice, thanks for posting Jo. Must get myself down to Cornwall one of these days!
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Cornish Treasures
Started by Jo Horrocks ·
- 27Posts
- 27Replies
Read-only discussion
Cornish Treasures
-
-
I'd be surprised if FCE doesn't include a basic EQ filter where you can adjust the levels, but perhaps it doesn't. But I'm not sure that tweaking the EQ would help much. It's more about the quality of the audio capture. I don't know anything about that Snowball mic. One way that videographers can get a decent voiceover on a reasonable budget, and kill 2 birds with one stone by getting a useful mic, is to use a shotgun mic (something like a Rode Videomic if you don't have XLR inputs on the computer/camera) and place it a few inches from the mouth, off to the side at an angle of 45 degrees so you don't blow directly into it on your plosives.
Thanks Nick, I'll do a search in FCE and see what I can find, have not really spent that much time yet exploring it's audio capabilities, so thanks for the heads-up and also the tips re the mic.

Cheers,
Jo
-
Very nice, thanks for posting Jo. Must get myself down to Cornwall one of these days!
No probs Elaine, glad you enjoyed it.
Yeah, definitely get yourself down to Cornwall. Porthkerris has a really good shore dive around Drawna Rock and they also do boat trips from the bay there.
Have fun,
Jo
-
I love Porthkerris shore dive and you never know what is going to turn up. I actually missed a Minke Whale there once by about 5 mins!! Oh well hehe
Nice vid Jo!

Cheers, Simon
-
I love Porthkerris shore dive and you never know what is going to turn up. I actually missed a Minke Whale there once by about 5 mins!! Oh well hehe
Nice vid Jo!

Cheers, Simon
Just wished we lived a bit closer, we'd be down there most weekends given the chance.
A Minke whale, wow, that would have been something to see!! Another one of those nearly moments!!!

See ya,
Jo
-
No probs Elaine, glad you enjoyed it.
Yeah, definitely get yourself down to Cornwall. Porthkerris has a really good shore dive around Drawna Rock and they also do boat trips from the bay there.
Have fun,
Jo
Ah, the Drawna... I love that dive, especially the shingly gully. I didn't dive it last year as the viz closed down every time I turned up. Had to make do with Helford and the Manacles instead. Bummer... LOL!
-
Ah, the Drawna... I love that dive, especially the shingly gully. I didn't dive it last year as the viz closed down every time I turned up. Had to make do with Helford and the Manacles instead. Bummer... LOL!
We're off to Lundy Aug bank holiday to play with the seals and are going to add a week on, doing some diving down in Devon and Cornwall, so will definitely be spending a couple of days with the Porthkerris gang.....can't wait, seems such a long way off right now!!
