Just to fill you in. Still don't know what their insurance situation is but, please, if you have anything you can spare to help them please either send it to me or on their Paypal donation site. I was told that there were some complications with the donation site but I am not sure what they were or if it has been solved. Since Ricks sole business was Nautilus Productions they certainly do not have any income coming in. At any rate, it looks like a very, very long recovery process and probably months before Rick will be out of the hospital. The good news is that they took him off the ventilator and many of the tubes he was connected to have been disconnected. Several friends back East, Kim and Ashly Perry and others will be going to their home to box up their belongings and put them in storage.
Rick's wife Cindy, who was also injured in the explosion is having a tough time of it as you can imagine but greatly appreciates all the support both Rick and Cindy are receiving. Like I said from the beginning, you couldn't find nicer people. And that's all the news I have for now.
Steve
Here is a site where donations can be made. Rick, as an underwater cinematographer, will be in the hospital for at least 2 more months. This was his sole income. Donations can be made by sending them to me or by going here;http://getwellrick.com/
Much thanks to all for their concern for someone so deserving.
Steve
Great news. Rick has now left the hospital and will be going closer to home to enter a rehab facility. Just saw a video of him being released, all smiles and revisiting with family and his dog. He has a long road ahead of him but his always positive attitude will speed that up. Thanks to those who sent me donations to forward to him as it will be a long time before he will be able to go back to earning his living.
Steve
Glad to hear
Godspeed to Rick & his recovery!
I know I'll never meet him but just wanted to say that people he has never met is hoping for the best future for him & his family. Stay strong.