I a real hack at video so I am quite chuffed that I actually got this from my 5D2! The learning curve for Edius was rather steep but I its really cool ![]()
Now if I could just figure out the embed thing ![]()
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Started by AndreSmith ·
Read-only discussion
I a real hack at video so I am quite chuffed that I actually got this from my 5D2! The learning curve for Edius was rather steep but I its really cool ![]()
Now if I could just figure out the embed thing ![]()
Really nice footage. It's nice to see that dual purpose cameras can do some nice video.
That being said, don't be surprised when people might take exception with some of the diving practices you are advertising. I was quite disturbed to see your buddies grabbing turtles and standing on the reef. Sorry for the criticism that you were not looking for.
Embedded and moved to the correct forum:
[vimeohd]18685741[/vimeohd]
Andre, which ops did you use?
Really nice footage. It's nice to see that dual purpose cameras can do some nice video.
That being said, don't be surprised when people might take exception with some of the diving practices you are advertising. I was quite disturbed to see your buddies grabbing turtles and standing on the reef. Sorry for the criticism that you were not looking for.
A bit harsh Allison! First of all the turtle was not grabbed but very gently touched by my daughter. The turtle looks very calm and relaxed I am sure you will agree. Secondly the area where they are standing is all dead coral rubble and we were specifically told that we could stand there and watch the action. But I hear you and certainly dont want to advertise bad practises!
Thanks
Andre
That being said, don't be surprised when people might take exception with some of the diving practices you are advertising. I was quite disturbed to see your buddies grabbing turtles and standing on the reef. Sorry for the criticism that you were not looking for.
Completely agree with Allison - loved the video but was surprised you were standing on the reef. It may look dead but trust me, there are things growing there that we cannot see.
Embedded and moved to the correct forum:
Andre, which ops did you use?
Thanks Drew
Would you mind telling me how you did that. What do do you do after you have copied the code from Vimeo?
We stayed at Magic Island resort. Very highly recommended indeed. Let me know if you want details.
http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14961
Well Andre, when you show video online, you open yourself to comments, some nice, some not so nice. But you already knew that, no? ![]()
The compression on the video is a bit buggy on the sides in a few frames here and there. Was that on your side as well or Vimeo? Looks like it was only bleached coral scene.
Anyhow, you got some nice color in the shallow scenes with the sards. In fact, some of the behavior of the sardines would've looked great as a still as well. Have you experimented with the picture styles to get a better picture?
As a guideline, when using the fisheye on reef scenes with sea scape, it's generally better to keep the camera as still as possible as the distortion from the fisheye corners will distract the viewer's attention from the subject. And seeing how you have a big dome and trying to shoot close to the bottom, the fisheye just doesn't do you any favors. Wouldn't it be nice to know when each subject comes so you know which lens to use before hand. ![]()
http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14961
Well Andre, when you show video online, you open yourself to comments, some nice, some not so nice. But you already knew that, no?
The compression on the video is a bit buggy on the sides in a few frames here and there. Was that on your side as well or Vimeo? Looks like it was only bleached coral scene.
Anyhow, you got some nice color in the shallow scenes with the sards. In fact, some of the behavior of the sardines would've looked great as a still as well. Have you experimented with the picture styles to get a better picture?
As a guideline, when using the fisheye on reef scenes with sea scape, it's generally better to keep the camera as still as possible as the distortion from the fisheye corners will distract the viewer's attention from the subject. And seeing how you have a big dome and trying to shoot close to the bottom, the fisheye just doesn't do you any favors. Wouldn't it be nice to know when each subject comes so you know which lens to use before hand.
Ah, I get it. Thanks for all the great advice Drew
The bugginess in the frames came after I used proDAD Mercalli image stabilisation that came with Edius in that scene. As I was hand holding a regular Subal housing it was none too steady, so a bit of a tradeoff there.
I was shooting in Landscape mode. What do you suggest or do you change it for a particular scene?
Got some decent stills of the sardines too. Here are the trip pics: http://andresmith.speedalbum.com/Moalboal%...ecember%202010/
Thanks again, Andre
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.