Has anyone used the "Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM" lens
with Ikelite dSRL housing? Any suggestions what port to use?
Note, this is the new OS-version of the lens!
The lens is 89 mm long at wide, and 131 mm when zoomed all the way out.
This would suggest that the standard dome-port #5503.80 might just work, but does it vignette at the wide?
Or the #5510.28 modular port body might just work with 8" dome?
Has anyone tried?
And yes, I do know that the official Ikelite port chart says:
"Lens diameter too large to operate in port system." But this is not entirely true. The usual zoom gear clamp doesn't work, but with little tweaking with velcro-tape you can get the zoom gear working. There are some posts in wetpixel about how to do this for the HSM non-OS version.
Sigma 17-70 HSM with the velcro strap
I tried this with my OS-version, and the same trick works as well.
Unfortunately the ports I have are not long enough to allow zooming the lens to 70mm, so I can't try out myself how it works, and would hate to buy a port that doesn't work properly.