Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Solution to Nauticam port covers

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 30Posts
  • 30Replies

Read-only discussion

Solution to Nauticam port covers

30 posts
  1. Ele has finally had a chance to shoot her D7000 underwater in Grand Cayman, Little Cayman and Crystal River. She's using the Nauticam D7000 housing and Nauticam ports for 60mm, 105mm and the 4.5" acryllic dome - and what is annoying with all these ports is that the Nauticam neoprene port covers fall off continuously.

     

    But we've found a solution. Someone (from one of my Cayman workshops) left this port cover behind and it happens to fit the Nauticam ports perfectly - and never falls off. Problem solved!

     

    post-713-1297183638.jpg

     

    Alex

  2. :(

    Alex probabbly wont see that all night btw!

  3. Like your style Alex. lol

     

    Stew

  4. If this information is not sufficient to get Nauticam to alter their port covers, nothing will. Customer comments may get ignored. Customers buying or using other's products can often be more persuasive.

  5. Outstanding! That cracked me up. Reminds me of the Pepsi and Coke commercial they are showing right now. The Pepsi guy takes a picture of the Coke guy drinking out of a Pepsi can.

     

    Cheers

     

    Todd

    Edited by yahsemtough
  6. Hehe, very good!

  7. Outstanding! That cracked me up. Reminds me of the Pepsi and Coke commercial they are showing right now. The Pepsi guy takes a picture of the Coke guy drinking out of a Pepsi can.

     

    Cheers

     

    Todd

    [/quot

     

    yayayaya is what on my mind.....Em do aquatica sale the cover only? hahahahahahahha

    Edited by yahsemtough
  8. Ele has finally had a chance to shoot her D7000 underwater in Grand Cayman, Little Cayman and Crystal River. She's using the Nauticam D7000 housing and Nauticam ports for 60mm, 105mm and the 4.5" acryllic dome - and what is annoying with all these ports is that the Nauticam neoprene port covers fall off continuously.

     

    Alex

     

    Hi Alex,

     

    Message well received. We are starting to work on better solutions (aka Alex's port covers).

     

    Edward

  9. Hi Alex,

     

    Message well received. We are starting to work on better solutions (aka Alex's port covers).

     

    Edward

     

    Hi Edward, its good to see you supporting your products so enthusiastically! (2 x NA-7D user). But the Zen 100mm neoprene port cover sucks! We need better please Mr Reef...

  10. Hi Edward, its good to see you supporting your products so enthusiastically! (2 x NA-7D user). But the Zen 100mm neoprene port cover sucks! We need better please Mr Reef...

     

    We can make great covers, but they aren't economical to produce and include with the domes at no charge.

     

    Do you really want a cover you can take in the water or a nice sturdy cap for packing & travel?

  11. I would think that travel protection should largely be taken care of by the owner. In that respect there are a few dometsic food containers which serve well.

     

    Its the getting in and out of the water which needs to be addressed. This is OK with the 200mm Zen neroprene cover but is lacking with the 100mm...

     

    Constructively, Tim

  12. I would think that travel protection should largely be taken care of by the owner. In that respect there are a few dometsic food containers which serve well.

     

    Its the getting in and out of the water which needs to be addressed. This is OK with the 200mm Zen neroprene cover but is lacking with the 100mm...

     

    Constructively, Tim

     

     

    I have to agree with you there Tim.

     

    Stew

  13. Neo covers are really difficult because the port provides nothing to hang on to. Thanks for the feedback, though. Also well received.

  14. You could glue velcro to the outside of the dome shade and inside of the neoprene cover...

  15. You could glue velcro to the outside of the dome shade and inside of the neoprene cover...

     

    I used to have a Subal cover with Velcro "ears" that fitted nicely over an Anthis/Nexus port.

     

    I've also sewn up covers from (my childrens') old wetsuit arms and legs...

     

    Tim

     

    :(

  16. I have been looking for the cover for my flat port ?

     

    Kathryn

  17. Glad I have found the owner! The Nauticam stuff is being collected today - so I don't need it any more! Let me know whether you want me to send your cover back (wasn't sure it was yours as we had several Aquaticas on the workshop).

    Alex

  18. I saw a NEW Aquatica cover today. It has extra rubber band on out side of cover like "+" & found it

    hold the cover better. and I still like my Nauticam housings very much.

     

    Sam

  19. I saw a NEW Aquatica cover today. It has extra rubber band on out side of cover like "+" & found it

    hold the cover better. and I still like my Nauticam housings very much.

     

    Sam

     

    The nauticam port covers are next to useless, but so happy with my housing, but has anyone had issues with the viewfinder?

    I've also managed to bust the video activation lever. Not a problem as I don't use video....

     

    Eleanor

  20. The nauticam port covers are next to useless, but so happy with my housing, but has anyone had issues with the viewfinder?

     

    Agreed. I think that they should make solid plastic ones for the Nauticam macro ports, with an o-ring in the lip so they hold in place.

     

    Alex

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.