Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Housing for S2...recommendations?

Started by the_shooter ·

  • 29Posts
  • 29Replies

Read-only discussion

Housing for S2...recommendations?

29 posts
  1. I did return from Bonaire last week. I had some success with the 12-24 but I'm not sure how well it is going to work with Ike's small dome. With the exception of WA closeups, I had no luck using the +4 diopter that is recommended. I will continue trying different combos on my next trip on the Cayman Aggressor. Hopefully, I will get some filter advice here beforehand.

     

    I miss that Provia/Velvia surreal blue water.

  2. Talk to Craig about the filters. He got some incredible blue water shots on his Turks and Caicos trip.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. Scottyb,

     

    I've been using the 12-24DX wtih the +2 diopter. Give that a try.

     

    John

  4. I did return from Bonaire last week. I had some success with the 12-24 but I'm not sure how well it is going to work with Ike's small dome. With the exception of WA closeups, I had no luck using the +4 diopter that is recommended. I will continue trying different combos on my next trip on the Cayman Aggressor. Hopefully, I will get some filter advice here beforehand.

     

    I miss that Provia/Velvia surreal blue water.

    I have been hearing many rumours that Ike is going to release a 'big' dome. One of my 'friends' even said he had one but I haven't seen him for several months and he is notorioulsy unreliable. Maybe Ike can confirm this one way or another.

     

    The only thing I really miss is getting the detail in sun bursts - so I need more dynamic range of colours. I actually don't miss the surreal blue water very much.

     

    BTW, the 12-24mm DX lens maybe the best lens I have ever put on a camera - it is outstanding. I have been using it behind the Aquatica large dome and I am not seeing any soft corners (except when it is my fault).

     

    M

  5. I've been using the 12-24DX wtih the +2 diopter. Give that a try.

    John, I am plannining to take a +1 and +2 on the next trip. I will be more inclined to experiment on the live-aboard.

     

    BTW, the 12-24mm DX lens maybe the best lens I have ever put on a camera - it is outstanding. I have been using it behind the Aquatica large dome and I am not seeing any soft corners

     

    I agree, I am impressed with the lenses sharpness. I just need to work on the combination. Better yet, maybe your friend is right and there is an 8" dome in the works.

  6. I've seen quite a number of people in this forum using Aquatica housing for S2 Pro. But I cannot find the housing in Aquatica website. The site mentioned that a S2 Pro housing is coming soon. So who did you guys get your hands on the housing???

  7. I think the Aquatica website is a bit out of date.

     

    Where abouts are you, and perhaps we can point you in the direction of an Aquatica rep......

     

    Best

     

    Des

  8. Hi,

     

    I am from Malaysia...does anyone know of Aquatica rep here?

  9. Contact me offline.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.