Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

LX5, Ikelite housing

Started by davephdv ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

LX5, Ikelite housing

14 posts
  1. I see where Ikelite has announced a housing for the Panasonic LX5

     

    Ikelite LX 5

     

    Has anyone had success shooting the LX5 UW?

     

    What is the AF and shutterlag time like?

  2. I've had success with the LX3. Photos and Video

     

    AF on that works very well underwater, and shutter lag, well there's none once it's focussed.

    Edited by Panda
  3. I've had success with the LX3. Photos and Video

     

    AF on that works very well underwater, and shutter lag, well there's none once it's focussed.

     

     

    the LX5 is supposed to focus twice as fast as the LX3. and shutter lag there really isn't any .012.

     

    im excited to here that Ikelite now has one in addtion to 10bar

  4. btw, Nauticam has announced that they will have a LX5 housing soon.

  5. btw, Nauticam has announced that they will have a LX5 housing soon.

     

    It often indicates a camera with good UW potential when a number of housings are available for it.

     

    Front page has photos of the Nauticam housing. Looks nice.

    Edited by davephdv
  6. Some test shot photos with the NA-LX5 housing are here:

     

    nauticam.smugmug

    Edited by Edward Lai
  7. What kind of 5X wet diopter did they use for those photos?

  8. They were the same diopters as discussed here:

     

    Wetpixel forum

  9. It often indicates a camera with good UW potential when a number of housings are available for it.

     

    Front page has photos of the Nauticam housing. Looks nice.

     

     

    yea, nice http://www.nauticam.com/product-image.asp?id=116&pid=1

     

    is it shipping yet? Cost?

  10. Neither the Ike or Nauticam are shipping yet. The Ike is expected sometime next week. Nothing as really been announced on the Nauticam, I expect it will is around 4-6 weeks out as a guess.

     

    Jack

  11. Woops wrong thread

    Edited by Panda
  12. Neither the Ike or Nauticam are shipping yet. The Ike is expected sometime next week. Nothing as really been announced on the Nauticam, I expect it will is around 4-6 weeks out as a guess.

     

    Jack

     

     

    Jack i can wait a little before i buy. What do you think about stobes for the LX5. The Inon S2000 looks good to me, maybe it doesnt have the power of the d2000 or some of the features but its small and light making for a nice little package.

    Ken

  13. FWIW, I have been shooting the Leica D-Lux 4 in UK Germany housing for about two years now. I posted a review back in July 2009. Uwe is continuing to mfg that housing for the D-Lux 5 / LX 5. So there are several options for a housing.

    Edited by allen
  14. Jack i can wait a little before i buy. What do you think about strobes for the LX5. The Inon S2000 looks good to me, maybe it doesn't have the power of the d2000 or some of the features but its small and light making for a nice little package.

    Ken

     

    The Inon S2000 is a very good strobe. Personally I think the Sea & Sea YS-01 is better - it has the same power, a wide 100x100 beam angle and best - a target light. All for around $30-40 cheaper. the biggest issue I have with the S2000 is that the buttons on the back are so small. I don't think there's any way to use it comfortably with gloves - in cold water for instance.

     

    Jack

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.