Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Cameras in plastic bags..

Started by Cal ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Cameras in plastic bags..

3 posts
  1. Hey Crew,

     

    I need a bit of help with my dome port theory.

     

    I've seen a growing number of divers taking there SLRS down in those cheap plastic bag disposable housings.

     

    I'm wondering what the difference is between having a dome port and not having a dome port is in regards to the final image? i.e. if I shoot at 35mm behind a dome port will the final image be different to that of a 35mm taken through water with no air acting as a buffer.

     

    I have a film camera that takes 2 shots simutaneously which im going to use for underwater panoramas (see panoramas ). The camera needs the focus set before the shot manually so I'll set it to 4m (hyperfocal distance).

     

    super excited about this project!

     

    Cheers

     

    Cal

  2. I'm not sure how those bags work, but i'm guessing similar to a flat port. So this link might help:

     

    http://www.digitalmarketingusa.com/flatport.html

     

    The 25% magnification might be an issue for you if your trying to go as wide as possible. Also the radial blur might make stitching the images together difficult,

    Edited by Pfuller
  3. That was great! Thanks !

     

    I like the sound of all the crazy effects that should happen. Probably going to produce some interesting photos with this

     

    Cheers

     

    Cal

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.