Skip to content

Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic

ScubaBoard.com

Started by jlyle ·

  • 22Posts
  • 22Replies

Read-only discussion

ScubaBoard.com

22 posts
  1. Hi jlyle,

    Good to hear they responded....I know everybody has automatically the right to their own pictures but I don't know what happens when you post the pics for the public to see, without either watermark or copyright stamp ( on your link I couldn't find either)....the watermarks are usually destroying the pictures beauty and I don't know how solid a copyright statement is....I guess we can only be careful and hope for the courtesy of others...

     

    Cheers,

     

    Henrik

     

    From the moment you press the shutter, the image created is yours. Its your exclusive intellectual property to do with as you and you alone see fit. You do not need to assert your ownership, its inherent. By publishing an image you are not waiving your rights to it.......unless you do so in writing.

     

    Trouble is, not everyone realises or understands this, or if they do they choose to ignore. Watermarks do degrade the image, but that's the whole point - speaking from personal experience it compels users of your images to ask permission first if they really want to reproduce the image in a meaningful way. just like the inherent protection you enjoy permission first is another misunderstood but fundamental aspect of intellectual property law.

     

    Its for these reasons a bold-yet-subtle watermark is recommended for anything published.

     

    Glad to hear a satisfactory outcome was achieved.

  2. Mazeltov!! Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and call it an 'error' on their part.

    Steve

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.