Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

hugyfot housing

Started by marc1990 ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

hugyfot housing

10 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    I am currently shooting with canon G9 with inon D-2000, which I am very happy with.

     

    But I want to move on.

    I know what I am are missing is mainly autofocus speed and more ligth sensitives sensor/lenses and some times the wide angle part.

     

    After some research I ended up with full frame DSLR in hugyfot house.(likely I wait for canon 5D mk 3)

     

    I would like to know what your experiencing is with hugyfot housing.

     

    Marc

  2. I have a Hugyfot for the 5D2.

     

    Overall all I am very happy with it.

     

    Good

     

    1) Compact robust design

    2) 100m rated

    3) Hugycheck

    4) Apadtor plates for other port systems eg I use my old Aquatica ports

     

    Not so good

    1) No tripod mount (fixed in newer housings)

    2) Screw in handle not the best design as they can unscrew underwater (again fixed in newer housings)

    3) Had a few issues with the TTL electronics, one strobe firing and one not. (I just use manuel now)

     

    All round a good design and I am happy with it and its price as compared to other housings I have used (Aquatica and Subal)

     

     

    Hope this helps

     

     

    Erol

  3. Sound promising.

     

    Any one else experiencing with hugyfot housing

  4. Hi,

     

    I use a Canon 500D with a Hugyfot housing and i am very happy !

     

    I like to use Inon Magnet Focus Ports and this is no problem with Hugy.

     

    MwST

  5. I too use the hugy, and over all love it. The Hugycheck system is definitely the best there is at is the only housing on the market that you can be sure is not going to leak before you get in the water. You can get leak detectors for many but for me i think that is a bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has already left.

     

    The downsides as eefella said, no tripod mounting hole... and if you get the standard port there is no manual focus for the macro. You can indeed get the Inon magnetic one and i hope to buy one soon, just money stand in the way.

     

    I also find it a lot more ergonomic than the others, and with the strap it is easy to to shots with one hand.

     

    The standard viewfinder leaves a little bit to be desired and you can change it for the inon ones though you are then limited to 75m.

     

    When you look at the cost or them against the others for me it was the clear winner and have been very happy with mine. You might want to think about getting a different wide angle dome but i use the hugy one, though i mainly do macro so can't really comment with them. I have got the TTL converter in mine, though was never really pleased with the results as you have to have the strobes pointing straight at the subject for it to meter properly and so i just use mine in manual now. (i use the inon z240 mkIVs).

  6. The downsides as eefella said, no tripod mounting hole... and if you get the standard port there is no manual focus for the macro. You can indeed get the Inon magnetic one and i hope to buy one soon, just money stand in the way.

    I though you just could get focus gear from hugyfot.

     

     

    Thanks for answers.

    Next week I will go to store and they both have ikelite and hugyfot in stoke to tryout.

  7. it depends on which lens you are using. The have one for the old 100mm macro lens but there is not one for the newer 100mm f2.8L IS lens at the moment, which happens to be the one i use. Check the lens chart for list of which ones they currently have them for.

     

    And there is just no comparison between the ikelite and Hugyfot. Personally i have seen way too many Ike's leak to be willing to rish my camera in one. Also i find there port mounting method to be very weak and would give me permanent cause for concern!

    Edited by wbk
  8. I just ordered my D7000 Hugyfot housing and in a few days i will have it here in Sardinia. :-)

     

     

    Regarding the zoom gear, send Pascal a email at www.hugyfot.com and he will be glad to find a solution for your manual focus problem.

     

    Chris

  9. I have the Hugyfot for my Canon 7D.

     

    Barring the usual nigglies associated with new gear and ironing out the kinks, I love it.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.