I want to get a NEX-5N for scuba because it has everything I want: APS-C sensor, great high ISO image quality, 1080 60p HD, RAW, low cost ($600 body only), compact size, video silent lenses, in-camera chromatic aberration correction, video autofocus, touch-screen autofocus, auto panorama, & auto HDR (when I don't want to deal with stitching too many photos together or processing too many vacation RAW files). I want to get a Nauticam housing because I really like the one for NEX-5.
NEX-5N's ISO6400 image quality is amazing and it's from such a tiny camera! To my eyes, looking at the imaging-resources samples' wine labels side-by-side, the $600 NEX-5N ISO6400 image quality is better than the $1200 Nikon D7000 ISO6400 with Sony sensor, FAR better than the $1700 Canon 7D ISO6400, and comes very close to the $2500 5D2 ISO6400 - the 5D2 captures "slightly" more details, but the NEX-5 has less noise.
So, I need to know if Nauticam will make a housing for the NEX-5N. NEX-7 costs more than twice as much so it'll be much harder for a non pro to justify the expense.