Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Web Gallery

Started by Lndr ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Web Gallery

1 posts
  1. Hi folks,

     

    I would appreciate some help with some of the fundamentals of setting up a web gallery for my underwater images.

     

    I've seen some great examples of galleries :unsure: by members of this forum

     

    After finding the topic Software Questions, RAW, EXIF, DB connectivity, I set myself up with IMatch, and have been working on organising and categorising - so thats my starting point.

     

    I guess I'm interested in the options for:

     

    1. Hosting

     

    What sort of service would I need for a web gallery?

     

    Could I DIY?

     

    2. Design

     

    Can I incorporating the work I've done with my IMatch database?

     

    What to use? ... I started with Dreamweaver and using Frames, but found this very clunky design

     

    I "play" with geospatial databases for a living, which involves DBA, programing, scripting, map services and such so I should be able to handle the technology (but admit to having stuck my head in the sand as far as I could re Web Servers and Web Services ... regardless some has sunk in :lol: ) - I just don't know the jargon, or where to start learning about it. I imagine that galleries are like maps ... they are not usually covered in "Web Sites for Dummies".

     

    Any pointers, hints, references would be greatly appreciated :blink:

     

    cheers

    Lndr

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.