Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Is a photographer only as good as the equiment that he/she uses?

Started by Rocha ·

  • 21Posts
  • 21Replies

Read-only discussion

Is a photographer only as good as the equiment that he/she uses?

21 posts
  1. So why did you go back to the D200 John? I think they are more than adequate for most tropical underwater photography, so I've been keeping one of mine as a backup. Would it be a mistake to sell, do you think?

     

     

    ...because I get excellent results, I have two, and, quite frankly, why flood or simply wear out a more expensive camera? Did you see my uncredited pictures (A1 size) all around the NEC Dive Show (in the VIP lounge, the organiser's office, the photo lecture zone and some very big ones outside)? Nearly every one was taken with a D200. I challenge anyone to spot those few taken with an FX camera.

     

    Another reason to hold on to your D200 is that the Nikon factory in Thailand is out of action for the foreseeable future and you may not be able to get a DX DSLR replacement to go with the lenses you have.

    Edited by John Bantin
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.