Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Seacam Prelude 60D Review

Started by Drew ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Seacam Prelude 60D Review

23 posts
  1. Let's just say the Prelude concept of less functionality in general is a silly idea in my opinion with the exception of those invested folks I mentioned, no matter which camera is in it. Just my opinion of course. Any idea as to how well they are selling?

     

    Jeff - I can't speak with great authority on the video aspects of the Seacam Prelude with the Canon 60D, although I did try it briefly with the whale sharks in Isla Mujares as per http://vimeo.com/28686598.

     

    However, for stills photography, I haven't found a function on the Canon 60D I could not control via the Prelude housing. I don't think the concept is "less functionality", as you've stated, but rather an alternative way to achieve functionality. The camera navigates quite differently than the D7000. I think if you actually spent some time with the 60D and Prelude housing in the water, you'd intuitively see the logic of the controls.

     

    Being a Seacam distributor I'll say no more on the subject, but if you happen to be diving Key Largo anytime in the near future, you are welcome to borrow my 60D and Seacam Prelude housing for a few days and experiment.

  2. Any idea as to how well they are selling?

     

    No idea. I just do field reports and reviews... market analysis I haven't done in many years! ;)

     

    I will say I had the same feelings as you before I tried the housing properly. I still don't agree the entire design philosophy but after trying the Prelude, it's really the results that matter.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.