Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Damsels, dragons and drift dives

Started by tdpriest ·

  • 22Posts
  • 22Replies

Read-only discussion

Damsels, dragons and drift dives

22 posts
  1. Super-moderator Alex Mustard inspired this trip aboard Indo Siren after a short acclimation at Scuba Seraya in Bali, where we were forced into a small corner by Drew's vast collection of gear...

     

    ... here are some highlights:

     

     

    post-4522-1320534394.jpg

     

     

    post-4522-1320534416.jpg

     

     

    post-4522-1320534458.jpg

     

     

    post-4522-1320534440.jpg

     

     

    post-4522-1320534501.jpg

     

     

    Here is the full story: Komodo 2011

     

    Tim

     

    :B):

    Edited by tdpriest
  2. More:

     

     

    post-4522-1320546882.jpg

     

     

    post-4522-1320546910.jpg

     

     

    post-4522-1320547049.jpg

     

     

    post-4522-1320547272.jpg

     

     

    post-4522-1320546959.jpg

     

     

    Tim

     

    :B):

  3. That's a pretty impressive collection of critters Tim. I lov Komodo and can't wait to get back out there next year. Is there a trip report anywhere to go with these lovely images. I don't think I have seen any report from this trip which is odd as there is usually loads of write ups after an Alex Mustard trip.

     

    Stew

  4. Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures. I really enjoyed viewing them. Love the diversity!

  5. Brilliant pictures, been really tempted to look into Komodo after getting recommended it by my last dive guide

    Edited by Longimanus1975
  6. Is there a trip report anywhere to go with these lovely images. I don't think I have seen any report from this trip which is odd as there is usually loads of write ups after an Alex Mustard trip.

     

    Stew

     

     

    Errr...

     

    ... no.

     

    I managed to delete it after writing it, and I haven't recreated it!

     

    Tim

     

    :B):

  7. Errr...

     

    ... no.

     

    I managed to delete it after writing it, and I haven't recreated it!

     

    Tim

     

    :B):

     

    Now that aint good.

     

    Stew

  8. Looking very nice, Tim.

     

    4 mantas in a frame - you are just showing off there! Like the frogfish in the WA scene as well. Much more interesting than another froggy face. As you know I have one of that froggie with you as the background model! Dynamic angle on the cuttlefish. I would have tried the shrimp on the red with less depth of field.

     

    I've showed quite a lot of shots from Komodo and Bali at my talks in GDT (Germany) and DEMA (USA) in the last week and they have been very well received. Must get around to processing some for the web. Although the downside of going to these events is that my do-to list grows much faster than usual with many commissions! Will get round to them at some point.

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  9. Wonderful images Tim, just for the record, the quality improvement in the last year or so is very obvious to my eye. Well done partner!

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

    Edited by Steve Williams
  10. Hey Tim,

     

    That is a pretty spectacular collection of images.

     

    I just returned from a Komodo/Tulamben trip myself and your images bring back great memories.

     

    A couple favorites: the shrimp on the red sponge, the long nose hawkfish, and the orange whip coral shrimp.

     

    Do I see a shot of a Rhinopias in there as well?! Was that found in komodo?

     

    Cheers,

     

    Steve

  11. Looks like You had a lot of fun Tim!

    The manta shot is way cool! :B):

     

    Cheers

    Karel

  12. Lovely shots Tim

     

    Really made me want to go!

     

    Thanks so much for sharing them with us.

     

    Adam

  13. Do I see a shot of a Rhinopias in there as well?! Was that found in komodo?

     

    It was a particularly scruffy and small Rhinopias tucked into a bit of mucky coral at 23m at "Pantai Merah", on the east side of Komodo:

     

     

    post-4522-1320934362.jpg

     

     

    Tim

     

    :B):

  14. ... the quality improvement in the last year or so is very obvious to my eye...

     

    I blame Nauticam...

     

    Tim

     

    :B):

  15. Really wonderful images. The 4 mantas shot is fantastic. My favorite though is the cuttlefish scurrying away and the model shining his light.

     

    Everything about Komodo is just goddamn magic. I wanna go back.

  16. Can anyone help me to pin down these two nudibranchs?

     

     

    post-4522-1321812328.jpg

     

    Tulamben

     

     

    post-4522-1321812339.jpg

     

    Sangeang

     

     

    Is the second nudibranch also Chromodoris kuhnii?

     

     

    post-4522-1321812352.jpg

     

    post-4522-1321812359.jpg

     

    post-4522-1321812368.jpg

     

     

    Thanks!

     

    Tim

     

    :)

  17. The first one is a donut Doto - see here in DIVE Magazine (now free online):

     

    http://www.amustard.com/images/pp34a.jpg

     

    Second is Glossodoris cincta (check my spelling).

     

    And for the third I think it is spelled kuniei.

     

    Alex

  18. Nice shots Tim!

  19. ... I think it is spelled kuniei...

     

    Ta!

     

    The first isn't in my big brown book except as Doto sp, the second not at all and three books have different versions of kuhni / kuhnii / kuniei....

     

    Tim

     

    :)

    Edited by tdpriest
  20. Beautiful images!

    I especially love the turtle shot!

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.