Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Nudi id from Indo (Phestilla?)

Started by bella ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Nudi id from Indo (Phestilla?)

7 posts
  1. I found this nudi at around 12m (35 ft) depth on the island of Sangeang, Indonesia at the divesite Hot Rocks. Its size is probably around 2 to 5 cm long. I'm thinking it's likely a Phestilla. In this small area of reef I found at least 10 individuals, but most of them were tightly clustered together feeding and/or laying eggs on their hard coral host. I haven't found it in any ID books that I've had available and I can't find it on Seaslugforum (which is inactive anyway) any ideas? if an ID can be made of the hard coral from these images, that would be handy too. :)

     

    Two different shots of individuals:

     

    JME201111187829-M.jpg

     

    JME201111187894-M.jpg

     

    A closer shot of one of the clusters:

     

    JME201111187879-M.jpg

     

    Eggs:

     

    JME201111187921-M.jpg

    Edited by bella
  2. Amazing camouflage

  3. It's definitely a Phestilla; perhaps Phestilla sp. 2 in Indo-Pacific Nudibranchs and Sea Slugs. Here is a similar one:

    Phestilla sp.

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

  4. I didn't see that one (it's really impressive), but I had trouble with this one (I had to resort to labelling it as a "fractal" nudibranch!), also from Sangeang in September:

     

    post-4522-1321811611.jpg

     

    There are some more that gave me trouble in Damsels, dragons and drift dives...

     

    Tim

     

    :)

    Edited by tdpriest
  5. Glossodoris cincta. They vary a lot, but the turquoise band nails it.

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

  6. Very, very cool Julie

  7. Very, very cool Julie

     

     

    Thanks Tony. We missed you on this trip. :)

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.