I've been editing the 3D video I shot on Alex's Red Sea trip last May. It's turned out nicely, I think. I've also heard very mixed views about 3D, but the people I've shown mine to have really been into it, especially kids, leaping around trying to snatch the fish from mid-air. In fact I've got so used to looking at my footage in 3D, and one or two 3D underwater blu-rays I have, that when I now see some really nice UW stuff on TV I end up wishing it was in 3D. I'm not such a fan of the extreme in-your face out of the screen effects (negative parallax), as I find it a bit distracting, but more subtle 3D I find just draws you into the viewing experience that bit more.
My brother has been working for a production company making 3D TV programs for the new 3D channels for the last couple of years and they just keep getting busier, so there is demand there, but it's definitely limited by the number of people who have 3D TVs. There is definitely some technology-fatigue as I well, I find that as prices drop on the new kit, and the spec gets better, I keep wanting the newest thing- for instance there are some nice looking 1080p 3D projectors coming out now at under £1000. There's also a Sony 3D headset, which is apparently a really immersive experience, once you get over looking like a plonker wearing it!