Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nex 7 or Nex 5n

Started by Longimanus1975 ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Nex 7 or Nex 5n

23 posts
  1. Hi Phil

    More questions for you as a fountain of knowledge. :( Tried to get my kit all together last night. Had trouble getting the zoom gear to work properly with the 18:55 inside the housing. The turning of the lens seems to get stuck at the small lever that works the Lens release button on the bottom of the port/body. I could only get the zoom to turn all the way if I pushed the lens release button. But this will release the lens/port from the body.

    Edited by Aliens
  2. The zoom gear should not hit the lens release control it I understand the problem. Try taking the port off and get the alignment correct so you will know where the gear needs to fit on the lens. The lens release on the front of the housing allows you to change lenses and ports without needing to remove the camera from the housing.

     

    Phil Rudin

  3. More questions for you as a fountain of knowledge. Tried to get my kit all together last night. Had trouble getting the zoom gear to work properly with the 18:55 inside the housing. The turning of the lens seems to get stuck at the small lever that works the Lens release button on the bottom of the port/body. I could only get the zoom to turn all the way if I pushed the lens release button. But this will release the lens/port from the body.

     

    The gear shouldn't interfere if oriented correctly. There is a cutout in the lens gear that needs to be over the index mark (white dot) on the lens when set at the 18mm position.

     

    This is the best photo I have handy, not a very good angle, but you get the idea.

     

    _RKC8217.jpg

    Edited by Ryan
Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.