Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Smugmugs...please let me see them :)

Started by Scubysnaps ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Smugmugs...please let me see them :)

23 posts
  1. Hi,

    Please could you post your Smugmug website address for me to see what can actually be done with Smugmug, With the demise of iWeb support and updates, I'm looking to move on, but thinking Smugmug may be a bit limited as to what one can do, please prove me wrong!

     

    Cheers!

    Paul

  2. http://underwa.ter.net, click on galleries. (the gallery part is smugmug, the rest is wordpress)
  3. Wow! Thanks guys, seems you can do the lot there....is all the editing done online?

    What if I wish to do some updates in an arew ith no signal..is this possible?

  4. how about photoshelter instead?

     

    mikeveitch.photoshelter.com

  5. Cheers Mike, Why did you choose photoshelter instead of Smugmug?

  6. I'd like to cast my vote for Zenfolio, a similar service with a slightly different feature set. This includes a very powerful and intuitive interface to change the appearance of your website. I've been with them for a while and love them!

     

    Rapture of the Deep Digital Media

    Edited by lundysd
  7. I'd like to cast my vote for Zenfolio, a similar service with a slightly different feature set. This includes a very powerful and intuitive interface to change the appearance of your website. I've been with them for a while and love them!

     

    Rapture of the Deep Digital Media

    Thank you for sharing Scott, very nice :( Same question, why did you choose these over Smugmug?

  8. it came highly recommended to me by another photographer, loads of support and good business tutorials in there, very easy and integrated photo sales direct from your site with choice of drop ship printers in either the US or the UK, and photo buyers do actually visit and search in Photoshelter itself. I am guessing smugmug has all this as well? I didn't really research smugmug too much

  9. Smugmug has all that as well, except for printers in the UK afaik. But im sure smugmug has things the others dont have. In the end I doubt it matters much where you get your website :(

  10. yep, I just visited the smugmug site.. seems to be 6 of one and half dozen of the other :(

  11. Thanks Cor and Mike, a UK based printer would be a good benefit

  12. Thank you for sharing Scott, very nice :( Same question, why did you choose these over Smugmug?

     

    Some nice sites here folks. I have opened trial accounts at both Smuggs and Zen... Now I just need some time. And pictures... :(

  13. Smugmug has all that as well, except for printers in the UK afaik.

     

    I've just checked with them, no they dont. They say they are working on it for the future, but said thats all they could tell me

  14. I chose Zenfolio primarily because the customization within smugmug is all CSS based and not very intuitive for me. The zenfolio editor is WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get), and I can tweak it to my heart's desire and see the outcome right away. This means that at any given time I can have 3-4 custom website designs in the works or completed, and by simply clicking a button I can change the entire appearance instantly. Zenfolio has also recently added HD video and is in the process of adding a photoblog feature, both things I foresee using a great deal in the future. Finally, Zenfolio is a little cheaper and a little more powerful when it comes to printing options (pro labs, boutique packaging, self fulfillment of orders, etc). As usual, YMMV and this info may be outdated since I last checked.

    Edited by lundysd
  15. Thank you Scott, Zenfolio have 2 UK based printing labs and from what I have seen upto now its my preferred choice, I'll be looking into it more and trying their trial out on Friday, thanks all :(

    I chose Zenfolio primarily because the customization within smugmug is all CSS based and not very intuitive for me. The zenfolio editor is WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get), and I can tweak it to my heart's desire and see the outcome right away. This means that at any given time I can have 3-4 custom website designs in the works or completed, and by simply clicking a button I can change the entire appearance instantly. Zenfolio has also recently added HD video and is in the process of adding a photoblog feature, both things I foresee using a great deal in the future. Finally, Zenfolio is a little cheaper and a little more powerful when it comes to printing options (pro labs, boutique packaging, self fulfillment of orders, etc). As usual, YMMV and this info may be outdated since I last checked.
  16. Another vote for smugmug: www.in2thedeep.com

    Most of it built in standard templates. The folks in the forum are great, very responsive.

    --Rob

    Edited by rumblefish
Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.