Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus EM-5

Started by davephdv ·

  • 26Posts
  • 26Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus EM-5

26 posts
  1. Hi Joerg,

     

    If you can't make up your mind I have another Nikonos RS and 50mm macro I would be happy to sell you. I have a new remote trigger cord as well.

     

    Phil

  2. hold the horses. nex7 has issues, with even moderate wide angle. Some are claiming e-mount is too small diameter, to allow good WA lenses.

     

    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat...8043&page=1

     

    http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/sony/34781-n...oblem-cz85.html

     

    http://www.bmupix.com/journal/2012/1/7/nex...t-35mm-f20.html

    So, those are issues with non e-mount lenses with an adaptor, not the e-mounts. Without going into a lot re-researching, this is not an unsual. Not all of the lens design will work with mirrorless (short rear element to sensor distance) cameras.

    Bob

  3. Don,

     

    If you and others here are interested to know why many of these lenses are not working well on the NEX5/n and 7 you may want to read the section of the rolling review on the NEX-7 found on Luminous-Landscape. It also provides a fix for the problem.

     

    Phil Rudin

     

    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/...ng_review.shtml

  4. It seems the 5n is not problematic, but the 7 has bigger problems.

     

    Thanks Phil! I had read the LL review in bits and pieces, but never took it all in, after it was complete.

  5. Hi Joerg,

     

    If you can't make up your mind I have another Nikonos RS and 50mm macro I would be happy to sell you. I have a new remote trigger cord as well.

     

    Phil

     

     

    Aaargh,

     

    I should have known by the end of January - we are just back from a two week Florida vacation, mainly Crystal River with its manatees.

     

    But do you REALLY want to sell your RS???

     

    Keep it, and if one day you are fed up with all these technically perfect digital photos you will take it out of the closet again and enjoy the sound of the film advance and rewind, and even might find a zen-like satisfaction in the pure act of taking photos. And the limit of 36 shots per dive will sharpen your eye.

     

    Or maybe you will just enjoy analog photography as some people enjoy classical cars or listening to music from vinyl instead of CDs or internet streams.

     

    :swimmingfish:

     

    Greetings,

    Joerg

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.