Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon 60D or 7D?

Started by esetterf ·

  • 27Posts
  • 27Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon 60D or 7D?

27 posts
  1. Probably end Sep. Should come along with the Nauticam as well.

  2. Hi All.

     

    On my latest trip my trusty old 350d(rebel xt) started acting out.

     

    So now I am considering upgrading to either 60d or 7d.

     

    Of course 60d would be the cheaper choice but I wonder if there would be any drawbacks buying the 60d instead Of 7d?

     

    Mads says thanks

  3. Hi All.

     

    On my latest trip my trusty old 350d(rebel xt) started acting out.

     

    So now I am considering upgrading to either 60d or 7d.

     

    Of course 60d would be the cheaper choice but I wonder if there would be any drawbacks buying the 60d instead Of 7d?

     

    Mads says thanks

     

    I have a 7D, but would find the 60D awfully compelling if I was buying now. Theres disadvantages, but also some advantages, eg lower weight and smaller. Price makes a backup body more possible, which can beat any weathersealing on a trip.

     

    Microadjust is something Id miss. The rest seems pretty incremental, eg slightly smaller viewfinder, slightly slower burst rate, less AF options.

     

    Otara

  4. The lens microadjust is pretty important in my eyes. Specifically for macro. Because DOF is so narrow, you are going to want to make sure that the focus is spot on.

  5. When my focus-light(any suggestions for a cheap good focus-light?) isn't flooded i normally use that when shooting macro so i havent had any problems with focus.

     

    After reading the thread i must say that im leaning towards the 60d. It doesn't sound like i will be needing the extra gadgets the 7d´s got.

     

    Another thing. I made a new thread on my phone and i ended up posting in this thread?

     

    Thank you

     

    Mads

  6. I have been looking at the Canon 60D and 7D, but after some deliberation still can't make up my mind.

     

     

    I am in the same situation but also considering m43 on top of Canon SLR (I am a 7D user on land).

     

    Sorry to add some more confusion but the 600D + Sea & Sea housing might also be an option to consider. Cheaper, works with fibre optic so if you have flashes like INON D2000/S2000 - my case- you can keep them at least to start with, and photos with 7D/60D/600D would be virtually identical.

     

    And the 600D is smaller and lighter when travelling.

     

    Chris

  7. hi there.

    I recently went through the same ordeal. I just could not make a decision on which camera to buy. I eventually bought the canon 7d and im completely satisfied. for me the reason was better video capabilities

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.