I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I agree with saga7 .
I think that you have unfairly blamed aquatica for some of your problems. Ifthere was a defect in the housing, then it would have flooded the 1st time youused it. Given that you did not know to turn the on/off switch to"on" and that you did not know that an extension was required for theTokina 10-17 with 4inch dome, I can only assume that you did not fully read themanual. Remember, most floods are user error.
Here is what I do to avoid this. 1) you have to follow the instructions forinstallation in the manual; 2) You have to inspect the O-ring each and everytime you take off the back of your housing, take off the port, change batteriesin the strobe, etc. Make sure there is no debride on the O-ring such as a hair,sands, etc. you also need to inspect the groove where the O-ring lies. Itypically use q-tips, paper towels, and a rocket blower to clean the groves,which I do every time as grease can get built up. 3) I think that you need toassemble your camera gear off somewhere by yourself. Don't do it while talkingto others. That is a good way to forget to put an O-ring back in. 4) Don'tleave your camera in the dunk take on the boat or back at the pear. Just dunkit a few times and operate all the buttons and levers while submerged. Therehave been alot of floods in the dunk tanks, plus I have seen cables broken anddome port scratched in them. 5) Make sure the DM on the boat handles yourcamera by the handles. Don't let them grab it by the dome port. 6) Peoplediffer on the forum on this one. But I personally do not inspect grease my O-ringsover day. For example, my lights are hardwired. I will set these up once forthe week and never re-grease them again. I do check before and after the divethat they are properly secured and have not come loose. As for my ports, If Idon't take it off, then I don't re-grease it. I typically only stick with onelens 2 days, so I usually do it every other day. As far as the rear part of thecamera, I only take that off once a day to down load pictures, but have went 2days without downloading. My reasoning behind my theory is that the more youtake something apart, the more likely you are to potentially cause a problem.Hell, I don't take my dive computer or watch apart and re-grease the O-ringsand they have never flooded. As I said, this is my opinion and other on thisforum do it differently. Find a system that works for you and stick with it.
Check out this website about Underwater Camera Maintenance
http://www.divephotoguide.com/getting-star...ra-maintenance/
http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/underwat...ing-maintenance
The issues with the buttons may be an actual issue with the housing. Thehousing came out like 1 year ago and this was discovered shortly thereafter anda recall was made. I remember reading about that. Contact Jean at Aqauaticawith your serial number and see if that was one of the affected housings.
As far as the 4" dome not fitting with the Tokina 10-17. Chalk that one upto a lesson learned. You need to check the lens port chart when you get futurelenses. I, personally, will actually take the gear, ports, etc and make surethey fit when I get them. This is something that you obviously don't want tofigure out on your dive trip.
Hopefully you will get these issues sorted out and will be good to go for yournext trip. I hope the information I provided was helpful. This is a good placeto post questions.
Kirk