Just beware: not only does Ken Rockwell have a "curious" reputation, but also he has nothing to say about underwater photography...
Tim
Read-only discussion
Just beware: not only does Ken Rockwell have a "curious" reputation, but also he has nothing to say about underwater photography...
Tim
When you say budget, and photography is not the primary purpose of the dive then I assume that you don't want to spend any more money on accessories.
I did go that route .. wet wide angle lens, strobe, modelling light, but got to the point it all felt 'in the way' of enjoying the dive.
Especially when I had a huge Ikelite housing etc.
I found that more & more I was leaving the kit on the boat and just taking a compact on the dive, clipped out of the way on BCD when not in use.
Due to PFO surgery, I can't dive for a while ... so hopefully within next couple of months Olympus will solve the question over whether there is an XZ-2
Have been playing on land with the xz-1 and have figured out the issue I was having with AF in macro mode so now I am liking this camera a whole lot more.
While I have always like canon p+s, the oly housing is far superior to the canon oem housing!! I love the latch works on it... it's a breeze to open and close.
Just wish I was in the Caymans diving the east end right now but will have to wait until October 8th to start playing underwater again. Can't wait to dive the Kittywake!
Dont just read on them, go into a store and handle them, see which one fits you, see which one has controls that make the most sense to you....consider the lens line up..consider what type of photography you want to do....everyone has their opinions on the best camera(s)...but YOU will be the one using whatever it is you wind up with.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.