I have the Aquatica AD7000 housing. I'm only shooting video with it currently. Overall, I've been quite happy with it and the service I've received from Aquatica, and in particular, Jean. My wife and I also played around with both the Aquatica and Nauticam housings topside, and we liked the ergonomics of the Aquatica better (better fit for the wife). Given it was cheaper, included a hydrophone + moisture alarm, and the customer support I'd seen on this forum, we went with the Aquatica.
My one, and really only, complaint, is that I think the hydrophone is terribly implemented. The fit between the cable, mic jack on the D7000, and the main housing o-ring, IMO, is just too tight. On only my second dive with the housing, the hydrophone cable got snagged in the main o-ring, and wasn't visible (enough for me to notice anyway) from an external inspection and the housing flooded. [Reading various forums, it seems several others have had this exact issue.] Thankfully I had everything insured, and Jean was great getting me up and running again quickly. When I got the housing back, the first thing I did was cut out the hydrophone cable. Haven't had a problem since.
Overall, we've been pleased with our choice.
[vimeohd]36954193[/vimeohd]
[vimeohd]32901420[/vimeohd]
[vimeohd]38050067[/vimeohd]
Hello fellow UW shooters,
I am going to finally to replace my aging D200 system with a D7000 rig. I spent hours at the scuba show in Long Beach this weekend asking all kinds of questions. What i am looking for is information from the end user on the Nauticam NA-D7000V or the Aquatica AD7000 what they like and dislike. I am sure each one has it own little quarks but that is only discovered after the user has some time to play with the system in the water. I have read all the reviews on these two housings. I feel from a manufacture spec side they are similar. I plan to stick with my dual DS161 strobes and reuse my Ion 45 degree view finder to save a few bucks. Other than those items I will need to purchase all new housing and ports. I am leaning toward the mini dome, i have been shooting a 8 inch dome since I started but traveling with it is becoming a real pain.
Any insight or thoughts from those that have used either system would be helpful. Can anyone speak to the customer service of Nauticam? I know how good and responsive Jean is from Aquatica. Awesome is the first thought that comes to mind. But service is a big piece of the of the equation.I have seen very little about Nauticam. Thanks for the help.
Wally