Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

The next Nikon DX body and housings

Started by Scubysnaps ·

  • 21Posts
  • 21Replies

Read-only discussion

The next Nikon DX body and housings

21 posts
  1. I'm off to spend a few days in Malta shooting the new Olympus and a few older cameras. The aim of my trip is to focus on the OMD e-M5 and see if it is a serious alternative to a Nikon or Canon SLR for UW shooting at that price point, or simply the obvious upgrade path if you are into micro 4/3.

     

    I think it will be an interesting exercise as I am not an current micro 4/3rds user. So it will really be a judgement on the system from someone more used to a classic DSLR. Which is actually what I think people are really interested in. Especially when you consider the advantages in travel weight and size. But does it cut it as an underwater tool?

    That's great! I am really glad you will review this camera u/w. There is a new Pany 12-35 f/2.8 coming; specs at Thom Hogan's Sans Mirror:

     

    Panasonic 12-35 mm at Thom's Sans Mirror Site

     

    Some wider (7-12 mm) and fast lens (f/[1.8- 2.0]) are desired.

     

    Bob

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.