Nice one Dustin. I watched the whole thing and enjoyed it. You've captured a huge array of critters there. Would be nice to throw in a few critter IDs as titles perhaps. I'm interested if you were frustrated by the lack of any zoom with that setup, and also by the shallow depth of field of using a full frame sensor for macro.
Thanks for the recommendation Nick.
This is just my taste of video, but I don't like when video zooms in on a subject. I think it looks unnatural. I'm sure having a camera with a zoom would be tempting to use it but ultimately I like that I don't have it. I don't know if that is weird for me to think like that. But that is how I feel. I do want to get close. And after the trip I promptly purchased a couple subsee's.
As for small dof. It is a challenge. More so with faster moving subjects. It's very difficult to hand hold and get something useful. But with the tri pod and a subject that isn't moving too much, you can generally dial in a good focus. I just got back from Komodo, and on that trip I used a subsee, and that really made the dof tough. But when you nail a shot with it, it looks awesome! I found lembeh much easier to do macro than komodo. I think if you do it right the shallow dof, can really add to the film. Again, just my opinion.
I can imagine a switch from a video camera to a dslr it would be frustrating. But since I have never used a proper video camera, this is just normal for me. The reason I went with this setup, is the quality is stunning. To get an equal quality from a video camera, it costs way more, and much tougher to travel with. Plus I have an identical setup as my wife who shoots pictures, so we have spares for everything. I really dig shooting macro with it. But the destination needs to be condusive to it. Rubble sand etc... Helps. 
Are you thinking of switching to dslr?
Dustin