Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam or Wahoo monitor on Aquatica 5Dmk3, Can do?

Started by Scuba_SI ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam or Wahoo monitor on Aquatica 5Dmk3, Can do?

6 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    Do you know if the Nauticam monitor can be easily put on the Aquatica 5Dmk3 housing? I believe it relates to thread size of the ports and according to AlexT, its M16 for the Nauticam. Does the Aquatica have an M16 socket on there somewhere?

    The Wahoo is on waiting list, and im impatient :)

    Thanks smile.png

     

    Simon

    Edited by Scuba_SI
  2. Simon, Did you get already CLM-V55? How it's work with 5DMK3? You can get full screen when REC? Syncing fast?

    Sorry for the OT.

  3. Hi,

     

    Do you know if the Nauticam monitor can be easily put on the Aquatica 5Dmk3 housing? I believe it relates to thread size of the ports and according to AlexT, its M16 for the Nauticam. Does the Aquatica have an M16 socket on there somewhere?

    The Wahoo is on waiting list, and im impatient smile.png

    Thanks smile.png

     

    Simon

     

     

    I have the same problem. I have Aquatica housing and I bought SmallHD. Member Cp told me that they are producing bulkhead 1/2 so Nauticam SmallHD DP4 housing can be connected with Aquatica. Unfortunately I have no new information since May :(

     

    Check out the thread here: http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46363

  4. The bulkhead adapter has been produced for Aquatica, but none of the internal HDMI cables were long enough for Aquatica 5D Mark II at the time these were tested. A longer 240mm internal cable has been manufactured to accommodate this system.

     

    I haven't personally tested compatibility with 5D Mark III or 7D in Aquatica housings. The system works well, as you'd expect, with Nauticam housings.

  5. I would be happy with an analog SD adapter. It would great to tap into the analog SD output of a 5D Mark II, send it to the bulkhead, then to a monitor, then to the surface. I was planning to make one myself when I found this thread. I am shooting commercial and theatrical work and need to be able to send video to the surface.

     

    Keep in mind, if you are just using the feed for monitoring purposes than the 480p SD output from the 5D is good and much less problematic than dealing with the HDMI.

    Edited by aroundlsu
  6. Analog works for monitoring and framing, but the 1:1 crop down on a real HD video signal is pretty nice for focus confirmation, and only usable with an HD feed.

     

    We actually made an SD jumper for a wetpixel member who's Subal 5D2 housing didn't allow HDMI out, but it was a hand made one off.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.