Skip to content

Lights, Strobes, and Lighting Technique / Archived topic

Misbehaving Inon Strobe

Started by Alison Perkins ·

  • 24Posts
  • 24Replies

Read-only discussion

Misbehaving Inon Strobe

24 posts
  1. I had the internals replaced in a second one of mine last month. Good thing the exchange rate to the yen is favourable at the moment.

     

    Two of my others are playing up on occasion, refusing to do a full dump (the red ready light doesn't even go out). I've found by switching them to sTTL (first click on) I can get a full dump, no pre-flash out of them. After a while I switch back to manual and they work again. It's frustrating, but manageable and from my research I haven't found anything that's going to work better. The weight of the other brands really puts me off, especially when I consider lumping 5 of them into a cave. I look forward to a strobe that runs on lithium.

  2. Someweher deep in the Manual should be stated that INON recoemmends to service the strobes every 2 or 3 Years.

    I can't remember right now.

     

    /Erik

  3. Sea Nettle was absolutely right. The magnet on the pre-flash push button was corroded and crumbling. So even when the button was pushed in - it wasn't working.

     

    A big THANKS to Backscatter for helping me problem solve how to remove the button and check if the magnet was the issue, without me having to post the strobe off for servicing. I'm now trying to see if I can buy a new button.

     

     

    How long did it take for strobe magnet to fail? And do you know if Backscatter has spare parts we can carry with us to field repair?

     

    Joe

  4. Does anyone have any update info on the magnet issue or a DIY solution?

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.