Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Dome ports for D800+Sigma 15+Nikon 16-35

Started by udi62 ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Dome ports for D800+Sigma 15+Nikon 16-35

23 posts
  1. I use the same gear. No vignettig problems with fisheye 10.5 or 16 Nikon under 240 dome without any extension. My rectilinear wide is the old nikon 17-35/2.8 af-s with the 240 dome I use two extension ring (40+20). But I'm not completely satisfied. Now I'd like to try the newest s&s ring 50. I hope to improove the corner sharpeness.

  2. Just purchased the nauticam mini dome to pair up with the sigma 15mm. Also using it with a tc 1.4 and 20mm extension. Finding it gives me lots of options, performs well and a very travel friendly package.

  3. I bought the Zen 170mm glass dome to use with my Sigma 15mm, and I am happy with it.

     

    My friend has a 16-35, and I will try it on a dive or two this fall. We shoot the same camera and housing (D810 NA-D810), so we will get to do a lot of swapping of lenses and such over a 10 day liveaboard. We will have the following: Sigma 15, Nikon 16-35, Nikon 20mm, Zen 170 and 200mm domes, kenko 1.4 tc, and 105VR/SMC for macro along with required extensions and gears etc. Should be a fun time.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.