Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Kenko 1.4 TC...but which one!

Started by Scuba_Pro ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Kenko 1.4 TC...but which one!

8 posts
  1. Hi everyone,

     

    Ok so a quick question,

     

    I would like to use a TC with my 10-17 tokina to do WAM, however which TC do I get,

     

    I am looking at the kenkos but there are a couple of different types from them;

     

    1) 1.4 teleplus pro 300 DGX?

     

    2) 1.4 AF MC4 DGX?

     

    I am using a 7D...

     

    Can anyone help or tell me the difference?

     

    Thanks,

     

    Luke

  2. Noting that the Teleplus Pro 300 is much more expensive than the AF MC4 I'd guess it is the much better quality option. Most people I know (inlcuding me) use the Teleplus Pro 300.

  3. Thank you Gudge,

     

    Thats my decision made then,

  4. Gudge,

     

    I also see you use the Nauticam housing,

     

    I use this and the zen minidome can you or anyone tell me which extension I will need for the TC to work with the tokina?

     

    Thanks

  5. While I do use a Nauticam housing I am using Subal mount dome ports/extensions with a Nauticam/Subal converter. Therefore, I can't answer your question directly based on what I'm using. The Teleplus Pro 300 is 19mm long so you'll need an extension ring as close to 19mm as possible. I add a Subal 18mm extension ring when using the teleconverter but in your case it looks like the best fit is the Nauticam 20mm extension ring:

     

    18520 Compact Port Extension 20

     

    Edit: Correct part is Extension Ring 20 #21120

     

    You will also need a new zoom gear for the combination:

     

    19227 TN1017-Z+1.4

    Edited by Gudge
  6. Gudge,

     

    Thank you very much,

     

    Great Help

  7. Thanks Alex, my Nauticam port bits knowledge is a bit rusty. I've edited my earlier post to reflect the correct part number.

    Edited by Gudge
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.