It's interesting I can't find any info/experiences of people using the new Olympus E-PL5; seems like it would be a great camera to use underwater. I was wondering how people feel about the ease of operating it (especially in manual mode, adjusting aperture, shutter, iso, macro mode, focusing, etc).
Right now I am looking into updating my G10 rig but don't have tons of money to spend. The Olympus E-PL5 seems perfect for my budget though everyone is talking about the EM-5. Is that really worth the extra expenses? Over my G10 setup, I'm interested in improved image quality, increased creative flexibility (with lenses, fish eye, etc), and a system that I can re-use as much as possible for the upgrade after. I feel somewhat creatively restricted with my G10 setup.
The Olympus OM-D EM5 with a 12-50mm lens, macro port, Nauticam housing seems like a great system but is way out of my initial budget. Though, if it's a huge level above and beyond an E-PL5 with 10 bar housing (?), and lenses then I can stretch the budget (by working more!).
My current rig setup is as follows.
Canon G10 camera
Canon underwater housing
Fiber optic strobe cables
2x Sea and Sea YS-110a strobes
Sea and Sea arms and compact tray
2x Inon UCL-165M67
Help! I can't decide what to do.
Thanks for any information!