Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam 4.33" dome port question

Started by and178schwarz ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam 4.33" dome port question

5 posts
  1. Hello all.

     

    Sorry for the query as it may had been answered already in other threads.

    I am using the NA-NEX5 with the Nauticam 4.33" Dome for the Fisheye converter.

    As being sick waiting for proper E-Mount lenses I'm playing around with idea to replace the combo with the OM-D.

    Would the Pana 8mm fishey work behind the 4.33 inch Dome for the 16mm-VCL-ECU combo?

    Reason asking is that the part numbers are different for the m4/3 4.33 dome and the one for the Sony. It seems from the pictures the m4/3 one is a bit shorter.

     

    Thanks in advance.

     

    Andy.

    Edited by and178schwarz
  2. Sorta, but the NEX5 fisheye version has a small extension to it. It will vignette some.

     

    Jack

  3. Thank you for the quick reply. That's what I feared. So it would be a new 4.33 dome as well....

    In the meantime I'm almost thinking that I would be better off with a SLR rather then this CSC stuff - If there would not be this weight burden.

    The fact that there is no real "port system" but almost a one lense - one port approach is somewhat annoying.

    Could not some vendor come up with a clever camera taking the electronics of a D600 for instance and pack this into a Nikonos style housing?

    Simlar to Hasselblads NEX approach?

     

    Andy

  4. Big thanks for this. Even so I tried to follow Wetpixel closely I missed this entirerly.

    This adaptor had not been announced on the Zen webpage neither it had been available in any Onlinestore I usually visit.

    With a 100mm and/or 50mm Makro-Lense on my existing NEX (even so AF might be close to being useless slow) I might continue using this for a while.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.