Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Zoom ring on Tokina lens came off - need help

Started by DiverPam ·

  • 24Posts
  • 24Replies

Read-only discussion

Zoom ring on Tokina lens came off - need help

24 posts
  1. I have used the repaired lens a couple of days now in the housing with zoom gear attached - in Grand Cayman. No problems so far with it. Everything seems to be as good as new.

     

    Here is a picture from yesterday...

     

    post-25529-0-10409400-1369286542_thumb.jpg

     

    Happy diving everyone - Pam

    Edited by DiverPam
  2. n/a

    Edited by DiverPam
  3. I had the same issue. I sent the lens to Kenko Tokina USA (their new name) and they fixed it and cleaned it nicely for $50 + $15 shipping. Took about 3 weeks total with no rush orders. Cost another $15 to ship it there on USPS with insurance.

  4. I had this issue once before. Sent it back to Tokina for repair and all was fine. Discovered today the tape was separating again. Tried the packing tape suggestion here and it seems to work fine now. Heading to Grand Cayman soon so we will see how it works there. I already pack electrical and duct tape. Now I need to find a good way to transport a bit of packing tape, it seems.

     

    Thanks for the suggestions from everyone here.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.