Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Cyberware LCD Mask

Started by lars ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Cyberware LCD Mask

23 posts
  1. oops ... I hadn't read page 2 ... sorry

  2. Hi Andi!

    Guess what I will test today?  

    Put my phone in a housing and drown it. The I will try to make a Internet  

    connection. Will post here if it works.  

    Don't go below 1/2m! You won't get a proper GSM or GPRS connection. I tried to send an SMS from the bottom of a pool but it didn't work. You'll need an external antenna on a float (on your diving flag :) ).

    I know of a dive platform (5m) where somebody mounted a "no phone" sign. I'd like to take a picture with a camera-phone and send it as MMS straigt from the platform. So I tested GSM/GPRS in the pool. Next thing to do will be an extension to the antenna so I can operate teh phone inside an EwaMarine like bag.

    BTW, a GameBoy works well at 5m, tested. Killing time during deco!

     

    I just had a chat with a guy at Uwatec about the frequencies used for hoseless computers. The devices don't need much of a bandwidth (in contrast to video streaming) so they can use low frequency ranges. I couldn't get a definite value because he wasn't sure if it's ok to share the info.

     

    Helge

  3. Well HF travel through air and LF on ground.

     

    I think it's always in the kHz range (audio transmission).

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.