Skip to content

Trip Reports and Travel / Archived topic

Lembeh vs Anilao

Started by matt215 ·

  • 28Posts
  • 28Replies

Read-only discussion

Lembeh vs Anilao

28 posts
  1. Rhino sightings have been consistent for a year in Padangbai. By consistent, I mean that every diver that wanted to see one and who did a few days diving on relevant sites saw one... Just saying!

     

    Now back to the original question: I personally would go back to Lembeh. It's great to explore the same place at different times. You can get to see different cycles that were evoked by Drew and establishing a rapport with locals is great...

  2. Planning a trip in December to either lembeh or anilao. How's the current diving situation in these locations? Has anyone been to lembeh in December? I know it's supposed to be a litttle rainy but I don't really mind as it assist me in the videography (no flicker from the sun)

  3. Conditions in Anilao are excellent in December

  4. It is unknown when the Philippines will open unfortunately.  I would vote for Anilao.  Critters are great.  It is much easier to get to.  The resort picks you up at the Philippines airport and takes you to the resort.  I highly recommend Crystal Blue Resort; but I have no knowledge if it is still open.  I can't wait to get back to the Philippines  to Dive

    I hear Indonesia is opening and the reefs and critters have not been impacted for over a year so that is a thought

  5. Regarding Crystal Blue Resort in Anilao, Mike Bartick flew back to Manila some days ago,  spent 10 days in quarantine, and now should be at the Resort getting it ready for the time when the Philippines open to visitors again.  The critters should be really good, unless the locals have depleted the fish while the divers have been absent. 
    Personally, after almost a 2 year absence, I can't wait to dive there again.  

  6. Anilao hasn't been lacking divers, it's been open for domestic visitors since August 2020.  My last visit was in July this year and the dive sites and resorts were as busy as ever. I do think that the fishing pressure has increased due to the economic hardships and lack of alternative opportunities that people are still facing.  But the diving is still very good!  

  7. Philippine has also announced quarantine free travel from countries in the green lane, which are mainly from Africa and a few others.


     

    Edited by newdiver
  8. On 10/14/2021 at 4:15 PM, newdiver said:

    Philippine has also announced quarantine free travel from countries in the green lane, which are mainly from Africa and a few others.


     

    Oh how quickly things change!! 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.