Maybe these guys have it wrong but they are showing 1/160 for the A7r and 1/250 for the A7, I could not find it at Sony's site.
http://photographylife.com/sony-a7-vs-a7r
This Guy Showing the Same
Read-only discussion
Maybe these guys have it wrong but they are showing 1/160 for the A7r and 1/250 for the A7, I could not find it at Sony's site.
http://photographylife.com/sony-a7-vs-a7r
This Guy Showing the Same
Should be faster for the A7... The A7r will really only make sense if you are doing a lot of architecture, scenery stills... As soon as movement, more autofocus... Plays a role the A7 will be the better camera...
That's how I understood it from all the stuff I read...
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Yeah, I also found it interesting that the A7r (higher megapixels) didn't have the hybrid PDAF, only the A7 did.
Believe it or not...this is the Sony made housing for A7 A7r
Local preorder quota are already full ![]()
Interesting that the Sony housing has mounting points for fiber optic cords. It does not appear that Sony has a small enough strobe that would fit the housing. It think a more likely price point would be 20,000. HKD.
I think an argument could be made for wanting to use both of the cameras underwater and it is nice to see that both the A7 and A7r will fit the same housing.
Hi,
The Sony housing looks similar to the Olympus housings, very clear signs of the technical cooperation between Sony and Olympus.
The smallest strobe from sony for the Alpha cameras is the HVL-F20M, but i think also this is to big for the housing. Hopefully Sony brings also a small strobe for this housings.
Tino
waiting with bated breath. would love to use the nikonos 15mm with something like this.
as a current nex 7 user, my only concern is lens selection, which has been poor with Sony Mirrorless.
Still waiting for proper macro options...... doesnt look like a dedicated marco lens will be one of the first options for the FF system. We are still waiting for the 50mm zeiss macro for aps c. would love something longer. would love that i"m wrong
With all the metabones adaptors, the short flange distance of the E-mount permits a whole lot of lenses, although you might be forced to use many of them in crop mode. BUT that doesn't mean any u/w housing port system would allow them, any more than the E-to-A-mount adaptor Sony provides would fit in a housing.
As I understand it right now the only 'full frame' E-mount lens is the new kit one for the A7, although there are some reports at sonyalpharumors that a few other E-mount lenses only vignette a small amount when shot in full-frame mode. There's apparently a pretty robust release schedule planned for 2013/2014, but I wouldn't be surprised if housing manufacturers hold off a little bit in the meantime.
(I should clarify for the peanut gallery, there's nothing wrong with the E-mount diameter and flange distance for FF, just that all lens designs to date in that mount were for previously crop NEX cameras, so optically they didn't cover the whole image circle.)
is that housing ad legit? seems very very fishy given flash issues. not even a port for electronic strobe connection?
Looks more like a Sea&Sea port design to me. The camera has an underwater mode and I suspect they had a plan for the fiber optic ports. Perhaps a LCD trigger like the one from Naudicam. At least Sony gave a little thought to U/W photographers perhaps that will carry over to lens development.
Sony already has a housing ready to ship...here is the image leaked
Sony already has a housing ready to ship...here is the image leaked
Ready to ship? I haven't seen any place to purchase online.
For me the interest in mirrorless is smaller cameras/systems. The problem with full frame mirror less is that you will still need just as big a dome port to get the best performance out of the wide angle lenses.
I use a Zen 230 (9"+ dome) on my full frame camera - not because I want a big port - but because I need such a port for the best lens performance/image quality. A small mirror less housing is going to be a big cumbersome with a big dome for the full frame sensor.
I use a M43 mirror less camera in addition to my full frame SLR precisely because it is small and has a small, but high quality sensor. Quality is good enough for my current needs: http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-on/temporary-exhibitions/wpy/photo.do?photo=2987&category=49&group=3
Not convinced in the benefit of full frame mirror less for UW.
Alex
just the weight benefit..and that is all
A7r must have better details...as comparing D800e vs D800. I was about the to order A7 but the quota was already full
just the weight benefit..and that is all
Its important to remember that the modern base measurement of imaging has been reduced to comparisons of resolution( acknowledging that not all pixels are equal ) , system size / weight and image sharpness.
As underwater imagemakers we tend to peep at the pixels / resolution / sharpness after the event , which is once all the bother and airport drama's of excess weight charges / expense's associated with size and weight are forgotten.
Alex correctly points out the compromise ends up being about the needs of dome size to resolve the sharp corners we all desire vs the desire to manage system budgets and baggage costs.
Perhaps Nauticam will make a housing and adapter for this to work with a Nikonos 15mm lens - which would be a handy size even if the corners are no better.
A7r may be a pain to use underwater with the CDAF only. Even the so-called FDAF or hybrid-AF on sensor don't prove to be as reliable as any mid-end DSLR at all. I am not so excited yet until someone has dived with the camera(s) with a decent lens.
Any reason why CDAF on a7r would be worse than the NEX series?
I am not so excited yet until someone has dived with the camera(s) with a decent lens.
happy to be a guinea pig here should a housing materialize!?
Maybe these guys have it wrong but they are showing 1/160 for the A7r and 1/250 for the A7, I could not find it at Sony's site.
http://photographylife.com/sony-a7-vs-a7r
This Guy Showing the Same
Correct I got it wrong earlier. A7 is 1/250
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.