Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

Canon 550D and Nauticam Housing $1500

Started by jaredjensen ·

  • 21Posts
  • 21Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon 550D and Nauticam Housing $1500

21 posts
  1. Hello! Just got my new 5DMkIII gear today, so it's time to let my 550D go. I'm selling the camera (body only) and Nauticam housing (no ports). I've used it for about 3 years; I can't find any information about determining shutter release count, but I'd estimate somewhere around 10,000.

     

    I've never had any problems with the housing or camera, and everything is in good working order. Neither has ever been damaged or flooded. Both have been well maintained, although I've never had any professional service done. I am the original owner.

     

    I shot mostly with a Canon EF 100mm macro and +5/+10 diopters. Some examples are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/blacktoe/, in case you're wondering what kind of shots you can get with this setup.

     

    All spare parts are included (o-rings, etc). I forgot to remove the ball joint in the middle; the balls on the handles are included, but the middle one is not.

     

    Let me know if you're interested or have questions. Thanks!

     

    t2i.jpg

     

    housing1.jpg

     

    housing2.jpg

     

    housing3.jpg

  2. Hey, not quite sale related but can I ask what you used to take the pics of the housing? Just curious.

  3. I used the 550D with a Canon 15mm fisheye to take the housing shots. Had to shoot the camera with my phone.

  4. Hi Jared,

     

    I'm interested! I've been looking for a housing for my 550d for a while.

    just to be sure, if I add a lens and a port for and I'm good to go, right?

    and again sorry to insist it has never been flooded?

    how would you like to proceed (payment, expedition)?

    thanks!

  5. I used the 550D with a Canon 15mm fisheye to take the housing shots. Had to shoot the camera with my phone.

    Thanks, quite like the fisheye effect for over water shot cheers.

  6. I thought I'd get email notifications when replies were made, so sorry for my late reply. I remember seeing that notice about the rocker key when I bought the housing, and I'm almost certain mine was made after that issue had been fixed. Either way, the housing has never been flooded and has no mechanical issues or defects that I'm aware of. The only reason I'm selling it is because I just upgraded to a 5D and SmallHD DP4 (with new Nauticam housings).

     

    just to be sure, if I add a lens and a port for and I'm good to go, right?

     

    Technically, you'll need a SD card, too. I'll include any 550D stuff I can't use, like batteries (I have 2 or 3), charger, etc. But, yes, add a lens and appropriate port, and you're ready to start shooting. Of course, you'll probably want to add strobes or video lights (it never ends). I'll respond to your PM.

  7. Hi Jared,

     

    Did you already sold the housing?

  8. I've gotten a couple bites, but no one has given me money yet. =)

  9. Sold yet?

  10. Nope!

  11. Hi! do you still have it? let me know if you do. This is my e-mail: romiviscarret@hotmail.com thanks!

  12. Just replied by mail.

     

    And since I've gotten a lot of questions about shipping outside the U.S., the answer is yes. Just check UPS or FedEx for pricing to your location from ZIP code 98001 so you know what to expect.

  13. Thanks!

  14. A few people have asked about selling the housing separately. Of course, I'd rather sell them together, but I'd sell the housing separately for $1300.

  15. hi, do u still have this housing available ?? if yes, which ports do u have for it?

  16. hi, do u still have this housing available ?? if yes, which ports do u have for it?

     

    I still have it, but was never selling any ports because I can use them with my 5D housing.

     

    Since I've had both setups for several months now, I'm going to just keep the 550D housing. I have a few lenses that don't work with the 5D, so I still use the T2i for certain types of work.

  17. JaredJensen,

     

    I too have the same setups, just in Aquatica, also decided to keep my T2i for some of the lenses that don't work on the 5d mk3.

  18. Jared, we've been searching for another Naticam setup and ran across this post. I read that you are planning now on keeping the housing. If you are still willing to entertain the idea of selling both we would be very interested. Please let me know if this is something you would still be willing to consider.

     

    Thanks.

  19. Hey AzNativ1, it seems I've been shooting my 5D exclusively and there are some lenses I'd like to get, so selling the T2i setup makes sense. PM me if you're still interested and let me know where you're located.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.