I use a D7000/Aquatica system and I'm very happy with it. However, I know I would be even happier with a D800/Aquatica system.
So I had a serious conversation (with myself, because if I'd had it with Mrs. Stoo, it would have been a VERY short conversation...). I concluded that there was no rational reason to upgrade whatsoever. "Gear lust", pure and simple.
But then I had an epiphany in the middle of the night. It seems like I would get a much better price selling my current camera and housing, while the camera is still readily available... right? I mean who wants to but a housing with a camera in it that can't be replaced, should it die? Part of this came from chatting with a guy on SB that was trying to sell a D200 and housing and wasn't get a nibble.
Getting a better price now, means that an upgrade is more affordable... So assuming that I would upgrade sooner or later anyway, isn't my logic in doing it sooner, rather than later, sound?