Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam Super Macro Converter

Started by diggy ·

  • 26Posts
  • 26Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam Super Macro Converter

26 posts
  1. The new Saga holders fit the SMC with the SMC adapter it comes with. The only problem I found was the unused diopter getting in the way of the strobe but apart from that, fliptastic :)

  2. Will the multiplier actually be a product? I see no mention of it anywhere. Could be a rival for the Canon 65

    Bill

    Hi Bill!

     

    Todd and I just picked up a Multiplier for our demo kit. Let's go dive PV and check it out!

     

    Zig

  3. Wauwwww. this is great stuff Simon!

    As far as I see, the images are not really comparable, because the're shot with completely different apertures (F16 vs.F36)

    In my experience there's a huge difference in diffraction.

    Was it done for a certain reason?

    Edited by waso
  4. I used the SMC with my ReefNut flip. The trouble is that the SMC is a little smaller and won't clamp in the ReefNut clamp, I took a thick rubber band and put this around the threads then slid the SMC in the ReefNut clamp and clamped it down. I know sounds like $400 about to be lost but it really did clamp in very tightly and couldn't remove it without breaking the clamp.

  5. On my Olympus 60 mm (m43 system) the Nauticam SMC has approximately the same field of view as my ReefNet SubSee +5 diopter! (approx 1,6 magnification).

     

    So I need to replace it with a Compact Macro Converter insteed.

     

    In any case I'm curious why the magnification is not greater on the Olympus 60 mm? (I expected 2.0+ magnification).

    Edited by EspenB
Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.