Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Mirrorless Forum?

Started by diverdoug1 ·

  • 58Posts
  • 58Replies

Read-only discussion

Mirrorless Forum?

58 posts
  1. I find it interesting that it is the mirrorless guys that don't want their own forum, While the SLR shooters want them to. :)

    Edited by diverdoug1
  2. I like the idea of just changing the dSLR forum name to capture all interchangeable lens systems.

  3. But it seems some of the dSLR users want to CONTINUE to have our OWN forum!

    Edited by diverdoug1
  4. I think separate forums would be better and I am a 4/3 user

  5. Yes prefer an EVIL forum

  6. Yes, especially as it is a statement of fact, the forum is already common.

     

    The forum "liquidity" does not vouch for further splitting, IMHO.

     

    A side track: My experience is that there is less discussions here than a coupe of years ago. Why is that? Less interest in UW photography or are discussions held elsewhere (where?)? Or am I just mistaken :-)

     

    I like the idea of just changing the dSLR forum name to capture all interchangeable lens systems.

  7.  

     

    A side track: My experience is that there is less discussions here than a coupe of years ago. Why is that? Less interest in UW photography or are discussions held elsewhere (where?)? Or am I just mistaken :-)

     

    I think that the "picture of the week" contest used to bring a lot more posters in. When that went bye-bye, it seemed like things jumped the shark a little bit.

  8. A lot of competiton. Scubaboard has excellent forums for particualr brands, etc get more concentrated discussion. Plus Facebook discussions

  9. With on-sensor phase detection autofocus systems already achieving speeds of 0.08 sec. (Fuji X-T1) and 0.06 sec. (Sony A-6000), and consumers demanding better video AF, there's a high liklihood that dSLRs may switch to on-sensor PDAF and mirrors will become obsolete in the near future. Then the "Mirror Forum" will become awfully quiet!

  10. I think the dSLR is safe until the resolution of the mirrorless screens rival the detail seen in a quality viewfinder. This is especially true for supermacro photography, where autofocus is less useful.

  11. it seems that there is a majority of DSLR members wanting a separate forum after all it says (DIGITAL DSLR HOUSINGS on the header) but nobody seems to be listening, how hard can it be to implement,

    ps:- i do not have anything against mirrorless cameras both systems have there good points and bad i just think they are in a different category thats all.

    Edited by scuba-s
  12. I'm listening-but can't make it happen at present....

     

    I should have (do have) the requisite permissions to create new forums, but it seems there is some kind of script preventing me doing so. I can't find it though :(

     

    I will keep trying!

     

    Adam

  13. Thanks for your continued efforts Adam!

  14. I would also like to thank you for your quick reply and efforts

  15. Thanks Adam.

  16. Thanks Adam!!

  17. thankyou adam

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.