Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Rig buoyancy-

Started by Kevindale222 ·

  • 28Posts
  • 28Replies

Read-only discussion

Rig buoyancy-

28 posts
  1. No. I had the 60mm Olympus (and I got via an Olympus service centre the OEM port from the older PT-EP01)

     

    The bayonet is the same on all the Pen housings and the non LED ports (from previous Pens) are able to take the 60mm lens. Where as the LED port on the PT-EP05L cannot.

     

    I had the 9-18mm and Zen Dome, the 8mm (which I still have) and Zen dome and the 60mm.

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. yeh thats what i read, where they helpful in getting you the port?

     

    Im undecided on which lens and port to go for?

     

    did you like the 60mm olympus macro lens?

     

    do the other olympus ports (which fit 60mm macro) have a 67mm thread like the PT-EP05L?

     

    hope you dont mind all the questions. :pardon:

  3. Howdy!

    I was the one who found out about the service part number (details over on ScubaBoard). Luton Cameras is the official Olympus repair centre in the UK. Let me dig out my email when I ordered it. It was £150ish for the port.

     

    The 60mm is a stellar lens. I wouldn't part with it. At all. It's my favourite lens to

    Be honest for stills

     

    As to 67mm thread. No. The original flat port (and the port on the PT-EP10 also) have a larger glass element. You will need to purchase the additional macro lens adaptor (£30-40) which

    Clips on the front and provides a 67mm thread.

     

    You can also fit the 8mm Zen dome too, but need to skim off the LED button shroud.

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Double post

    Edited by thetrickster
  5. Thanks a lot. I really wanted the 60mm originally. But it seemed hard work getting the port. But from what you have said it looks easy. :).

     

    Does the lens work perfectly behind the port you ordered seeing as it wasn't specially designed for it like the zen 45mm macro?

     

    Any shots u have taken with this lens and similar set up would be awesome.

     

    I have the zen WA-100 dome and 9-18mm at moment and really want a decent macro lens.

     

    Thanks so much mate for your help. You in England then??

  6. Hi Kevin,

     

    Sorry, Wetpixel didn't send me any alert of your last comment.

     

    The 60mm, 14-45 (or was it 14-42?) all worked perfectly behind the EP-PT01 port.

     

    Nothing amazing but here are a couple of the 60mm and EPL3

     

    9484867045_38862b0289.jpg

     

    9484869233_e85fa13060.jpg

  7. Haha thats cool mate.

     

    Nice pics. I'm on the hunt for second hand 60mm macro now.

  8. Hello everyone, I'm buying the new diving equipment. I chose Olympus omd EM5 with Nauticam na-EM5. How do I choose brackets Nauticam Flexitray II. I ask you some advice about the buoyancy of a configuration like this:

    - Olympus omd EM5
    - Nauticam na EM5 + Flexitray II and right handle.
    - 2 x Inon flash s2000
    - 2x arms Nauticam 8 "
    - 2x arms Nauticam 5 "
    - 6x Nauticam Clamp
    - lens: olympus 9-18
    - Nauticam semi-dome port 4 "

    According to what you want can be negative in the water?
    How do I balance the weight? floating booms?

    Thanks to all

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.