Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Panasonic GH4

Started by dougdaulton ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Panasonic GH4

9 posts
  1. Word has it that the GH4 will fit in the GH3 housing with little or no modification. Has anyone been able to test that theory yet?

    Thanks,

    Doug

  2. OK ... so it looks like the Nauticam Housing works now with a hack and Nauticam is planning on an upgrade pack to replace the dial connection in the future.

    Any word on the Ikelite housing? I tend to lean towards Nauticam but thought I'd ask for completeness.

  3. It's the same old problem of forum search that skip search keys with three or less letters.

    We should suggest to panasonic to name the next camera with a longer name ☺

  4. Regarding longer name, i'll agree with you Davide as long as its not a bunch of letter and number all together, try quickly repeating Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 five time in a row :-)

     

    We got the GH4 a few days ago and had already being working with the GH3 for the initial design of the housing, they are quite similar camera indeed, but definitely, with 4k, access to the video features on this camera need to be taken seriously in the design.

  5. I'm thinking of moving from the Panasonic LX-7 point and shoot to the GH4, can someone recommend a good macro and wide angle lens for the GH4? I was a formal Canon 7D user so clearly none of my Canon lens would work.

  6. Olympus 12-50mm. It's only one.

     

    BTW I suggest reading the thread linked above. There are a lot of good info

  7. Thanks Davide, I read that thread about Edmond's stuffs, somehow I miss the lens discussion, so the 60mm is preferred for Macro.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.