Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

2 X Subsee +10 stack together !

Started by Jojolcuisto ·

  • 41Posts
  • 41Replies

Read-only discussion

2 X Subsee +10 stack together !

41 posts
  1. Hello guys !

    Few week ago, i had the chance to borrow a "new model" subbsee +10 of a friend of mine...
    The new model got a screw on 67 in front of the Subsee... (the old model not)

    So i wanted to try if it was possible to get into focus with 2 Subsee +10 Stack together...
    I have got a Nikon D 7000, with 85mm

    Look like it work !
    You have to be patient... DOF is very small, but you got a pretty good magnification...

    This one is not crop :

    14408119801_7bea9ca68a_o.jpg
    2 par Jojolcuisto, sur Flickr


    This one only a little (about 10%)

    14408119601_66d4b47286.jpg
    Sans titre-1 (2) par Jojolcuisto, sur Flickr

    What you think about it ???

  2. Looks pretty similar to the Nauticam SMC

  3. Hi Jander4454

    Do you mean the 2 subsee +10 stack look similar to 1 Nautiam SMC ??
    For Magnification ??

    I dont know...
    I never tried the SMC...
    But to give an exemple here is the picture with only 1 Subsee :

    14225121017_151dba890d.jpg
    Nudi par Jojolcuisto, sur Flickr

    I have read something saying that the SMC have slightly more magnification that a Subsee +10
    But same than 2 Subsee +10 stack together... I dont know...

    Have you heard about those Aquako 1,2,3,4 ?? (Korean brand)
    Apparently Aquako 3 is similar to SMC and Aquako 4 have more than the SMC...
    But if you add the Multiplicator to the SMC... That might be really lot more magnification...

    I am looking for it cause the 85mm is a good lens, but i am looking to have more magnification without having to buy a 100mm ;)

    Edited by Jojolcuisto
  4. I was referring to the minimal DOF.
    I don't know the Aquako but I'll give them a look.

  5. beautiful pics


    Do you know where is more Aquako information? the web (www.aquako.com/) is in korean and english button does not work...

  6. Hi Yako !!

    By the way, i just had a look on your Flikr !!
    You got pretty nice pic too ;)

    There is a photographer i know from here (Philippines) that will be a Aquako retailer, so i am planning to order him one to give it a try...
    There are much cheaper than Subsee or SMC...

    He sent me information and test (i have no share, comission or anything else on it... thats just for information ;)

    post-46921-0-98619000-1402716552_thumb.jpg

    post-46921-0-56117700-1402716562_thumb.jpg

  7. They don't have a european agent but you can buy direct from Aquako. I e-mailed them and they have offered to supply direct to the UK.

  8. Thats Nice !!

    I havent try them yet...
    But sooner or later, i am planning to get one of them !! (i am going to Visays Safari at the end of the month... so i save a bit of money for now... :)

    This photographer highly recomend me the Aquako 3 !!
    He says that for magnification and quality... that the best one ;)

    Edited by Jojolcuisto
  9. What is the Aquako website?

     

    Thanks,

  10. Thanks to all.

    We, Aquako has not ready for english website yet. But you can contact email; info@aquako.com for any informations.

  11. It's been a few mints since the last post and am wondering if anyone has compared the aquako with the saga +15. I was going to buy the saga at DEMA but didnt get a chance to go back to their booth before leaving. The aquako III looks interesting so a, now trying to get more info about it. My next trip is in march so would like to get something by then. Like the nauticam lens but it is just too expensive for me right now.

  12. Has anyone compared the saga +15 with the aquako III..... Both are sort of comparable in price and I need to pick up another lens by march.

    Are there any dealers for the aquako in the US?

  13. I have Oly, Subsee, Saga and SMC wet lens. The Oly have great optics, but way too weak. You can stack them, but getting all the air out between them, making sure there is not particles, is a serious pain.

     

    The Subsee works, but I have the older ones and cannot stack them.

     

    The SMC is a joy to work with, easy to see, fast to focus...and pretty much all I use these days. One could stack them, but after the cost, boy would that be heavy.

     

    The saga is light weight, and the images don't look that bad, but these are "softer" lenses than the Nauticam, so when trying to focus or to view exactly what is in focus, these are harder than the SMC (which is a high contrast lens). Images look fine, just hard to use, would not want to stack them.

     

    That leaves the new guy on the block.Aquako..light weight, supposed to have higher contrast (will see).

     

    One of the concerns about stacking wet lenses is the resulting working space one gets and could one actually use all of that magnification (assuming one is at maximum). I know the SMC should work, as it seems to have a greater working distance than the subsee, but I would doubt a human would be able to see the object one would be taking images of. The attached image is with the SMC at around 1/3 power. Stacked and at maximum magnification, one would be looking at something around a 30x microscope...post-35824-0-82221600-1421827044_thumb.jpg

     

    Still don't have the perfect lens, so hope the Aquako is it.

     

     

  14. Cool one puffer fish... i might get one of those aquako at the end of the month... My friend is out of stock and apparently there is a "new design"...
    Let see... will keep inform !

    Cheers,

  15. Cool one puffer fish... i might get one of those aquako at the end of the month... My friend is out of stock and apparently there is a "new design"...

    Let see... will keep inform !

     

    Cheers,

     

     

    I was corresponding with Journey Bang back in December to get more info about the product since he's the president of Aquako. I was going to order it directly from him since there is no US distributor but he said they were sold out but was expecting a new shipment in around the middle of January. However he didin't mention anything to me about the changing the design of the lens.

    Shortly after emailing with him I was able to locate and order the IV. Will be heading to Utilla in March and can't wait to try it out!

    Edited by seafan
  16. Looking forward to images...lets hope it works as well as they say it does.

  17. I just receive my Aquako IV and haven't tested it yet. Just wondering, if the new Nauticam CMC-1 is not as powerful as the Aquako IV?

  18. Reading Nauticam's review of the CMC, that is a very mixed bag. It seems if you are using say a Sony R100, the CMC may be stronger, but using a larger sensor camera, for the most part it would not be close. It seems to be an interesting approach, as it is not a simple diopter design. As this is focal length increaser, DOF will go down, working distance will go up on a small sensor camera. Bigger the sensor, the less it works, the more DOF effect will come into play. Own say a oly micro four thirds and there are far better options. Own a Dslr, and would not consider it.

  19. Thanks, I actually am using the Panasonic LX100. I know the big selling point of the SMC is sharp corner, no CA, and easy working distanct. Seems like the CMC-1 is offering the same feature. I haven't test the Aquako, so I'm not even sure if there is any CA issue or if it's difficult to use like the Subsee+10.

     

    Looking at the Nauticam CMC-1 chart, the LX100 yield 2.3X, but from the chart jojolcuisto provided above, the Aquako is 2.5x, on a 5DM3 + 100mm. So what does that mean when comparing the Aquako and CMC-1?

     

    I'm debate if I should spend $320 for the CMC to use it side by side with the Aquako.

  20. They both should be close...but different. The Aquako should have a little better magnification. The Nauticam should have better working distance. The Aquako should have better DOF, the Nauticam a bit less. Both should work, and it comes down to the focus issue. I know the SMC is a very high contrast lens, if the CMC is similar, it should do a great job of contrast focus. Aquako is an unknown to me..if it is good, then don't think I would go any farther, with one other reason...How good is the working distance with the Aquako? If it is too close, then would consider the CMC. As you have the Aquako, it should be easy to answer.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.