Hi you informative lot,
So, I finally upgraded from my very loyal and trustworthy G11 that travelled the world with me but was ultimately extremely frustrating underwater (And topside, too, I suppose!)
I have gone and bought the E-M5 with the 12-50mm lens and I'm about to order the 8 mil Panasonic and the 60mm Olympus lenses for it along with the Nauticam housing. I already have 2xS2000s with optics and the Inon D4 base with the arms and stuff - two Inon 165s and one wide angle lens from Inon that just didn't work.
So, basically - I have read a bit about the praises of the Nauticam 3.5" vs the 4.33" dome and as far as I can tell - the 3.5" allows for closer focusing (Which I gather would be an advantage with my not-so-powerful S2000s) but the 4.33" offers greater depth of field? Given that the 8mm can focus as close as 4" - is this really an issue? And what kind of depth of field differences are we talking about? I thought fisheyes were known for having HUGE depths of field?
Also, THIS port works not only with the 12-50mm but also with the 60mm macro, I understand? Are there large differences between that port and the specific macro port? Or really.. will I even use the 12-50mm underwater?
Lastly - what size arms do you all think I should get? http://www.seaoptics.com.au/products/trays-grips-arms/components
I was thinking 2x5" arms on each side?
Wait for all my frustrating questions regarding m43 in the future - changeable lens cameras, ports and gears are all new (Especially that virtual image with the domes!)
Cheers
Adam ![]()