So I don't think this topic has been beaten to death just yet... I use a D7000/Aquatica rig, with the 8" dome. My primary WA lens is the Tokina 10-17, although I do have a 12-24 as well... which I rarely use. Actually, I never use it anymore, and I'm considering selling it.
And now, Mrs. Stoo offered to treat me to a mini-dome for Valentines Day! I am trying to decide if the number of bathroom cleanings I'll need to do will be worth it.
I used an Aquatica mini for a week in BC in October and loved it, and was able to take CFWA shots I'd never have been able to with the 8" dome. The question I have of those who have a mini... Have you dumped your larger dome in favour of the small one? I really don't want to be schlepping two domes around!
I read an article a few weeks ago that our esteemed Dr. Mustard wrote several years ago. I think it's fair to say that he loved them, but noted significant fuzziness around the edges. Can anyone comment on whether this is a real-world concern, or more hypothetical?
These things aren't cheap, and I can probably borrow one again, but it is a sweet bit of kit...
This image is a perfect example of where this lens came in handy. This little wolfeel was way back in a crack. I was able to get the down well inside... the white anemone was pretty much touching the dome. I could never have positioned the 8" dome in there.
