Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Congrats for John's "Super Macro" POTD

Started by kdietz ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Congrats for John's "Super Macro" POTD

4 posts
  1. Congrats for John's "Super Macro" POTD

    Congratulations John....well deserved!....you must have great eyesight or a good spotter!

     

    I'm curious about the Wetmate lens you used on the Ikelite 60mm port. Where did you get it?...how much magnification does it add?...how does it affect working distance compared to 60mm only?

     

    Karl

  2. Thanks David....I am aware of "Woody's Diopter", but didn't know if it would fit on an Ikelite port.....nice to know that it will

     

    Karl

  3. Karl,

     

    Thanks for the kind words, but I can't take credit for finding the porcelein crab. I was on the Tahiti Aggressor and one of the divemasters pointed it out. I don't think I would have seen it - the carapace was about the diameter of my index finger nail. The picture shown is uncropped.

     

    I really like the Woody's Diopter. It reduces the minimum focussing distance with the 60mm from 10inches to about 6 inches. I paid $79 for it from Nexusamerica.com

     

    Thanks again,

     

    John

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.